Do Not Sell My Personal Information Jump to content

Hi, Just brought an LS400 W plate with a genuine 54000 on the clock, completely blown away by the unbelievable quality of the machine at such a stupidly low price. It's being fitted with a Romano LPG kit as we speak and I must admit to feeling like my kid's gone in for an operation! I worried a little about possible valve seat recession so I'm having a flashlube kit fitted just in case. Does anyone out there know whether this model has hard enough valve seats and does anyone out there have one which has done lots of miles with one fitted?

I can't answer your question, but I've just had mine done (see thread still on front page) and what I would recommend is that if you have your filler mounted under the bumper (where a towbar would normally be), you instruct the installer to position it far out enough so that if you use the filler gun with the large handle that rotates (I forget the name), it will fit easily. Some stations have a large plastic shield to protect your hands from the gas that blasts out as you remove the hose, and in some stations that shield is fixed. This can make it difficult to connect up.

Also, there isn't much clearance between the engine cover and bonnet so if things are getting tight, just lose the plastic engine cover. You don't really need it anyway.

Hi, Just brought an LS400 W plate with a genuine 54000 on the clock, completely blown away by the unbelievable quality of the machine at such a stupidly low price. It's being fitted with a Romano LPG kit as we speak and I must admit to feeling like my kid's gone in for an operation! I worried a little about possible valve seat recession so I'm having a flashlube kit fitted just in case. Does anyone out there know whether this model has hard enough valve seats and does anyone out there have one which has done lots of miles with one fitted?

Hi the 400s dont suffer valve seat ressesion I had mine lpg'd 32k ago the installer insisted on the flashlube kit as he had a bad experience with a gs300. Once the flashlube ran out I never refilled it, My mate did 215000 miles on his ls on gas, without flash lube & the motor was still 100% when he sold it.

Hi the 400s dont suffer valve seat ressesion I had mine lpg'd 32k ago the installer insisted on the flashlube kit as he had a bad experience with a gs300. Once the flashlube ran out I never refilled it, My mate did 215000 miles on his ls on gas, without flash lube & the motor was still 100% when he sold it.

Fantastic Mark that's just the sort of reassurance I was looking for.

Latest Deals

Lexus Official Store for genuine Lexus parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via eBay links