Do Not Sell My Personal Information Jump to content

Stranded At Manchester Airport

Long story briefly,

I left my LS at the airport with one of those valet parking companies and proceeded to fly to the Dominican Republic for a 2 week holiday.

Unfortunately whilst there I had an accident resulting in a broken foot and came back with my leg in plaster.

Unable to drive and with no other driver available I rang the AA where I have full cover through my bank account to arange recovery of the car,my wife and myself only to be told they don't provide this service.They were of no help either when I asked if they could provide details of a local company that could help in this situation so I ended up ringing our neighbours who drove up from Derby then took my car back.

As you can imagine after suffering the accident,then a nine hour overnight flight being told this was the cherry on the cake.

I always thought in situations like this where the only driver is incapacitated they provided a get you home service,but apparently unless your car is actually broken down they won't help.

Maybe I should have removed 2 roadwheels and stuffed them in the boot then rang and lied someone has stolen them!

Does the RAC provide this service?

Hi Steve try the ADAC its the German eqivalent of the AA, ADAC PLUS membership covers you worldwide for about 80 euros. The cover is out of this world belive me I have tested it

vehicles stuck up glaciers, ambulances,hotels air ambulance,provided lgv driver to drive my lgv camper when I was injured snowboarding, Forked out for a buldozer to come & rescue my stricken camper off a Greek mountainside. They paid for the lot no quibles (Their moto seems to be if there is a way we will find it leave it to us).

You can join from the UK, I checked if I could transfer it to the uk when I left Germany 8 years ago.

The cover covers you & your vehicles occupants.the vehicle can be any age or size. Any vehicle you are a passenger in. There are lots of outher benifits aswell, EG they have their own planes which they fly out to repatriate members in crisis areas ie a sunami free of charge.

The amount they have spent on me I will be a member till my dying day & still wont be able to pay them back.

I dont know how they would react to helping anyone with an Ls 400 though, when you consider it was responsable for bringing the German luxury car producers to their knees :whistling:

Hi Mark,

Thanks for the info,it sounds like the kind of cover I needed.

I have, since the 1st post found that the majority of rescue services including the RAC do offer help when the only driver is incapacitated and have made a formal complaint to the AA who have yet to make a respons,e no surprize there!

Another thing I don't like with the AA is when my Father in Law died last year he had just renewed his AA membership and they point blank refused to refund the money to his widow,all they were prepared to do was transfer it free to some one else but we knew no one who could use it.

Even though I get the AA service as part of my bank account package I will seriously consider your idea with the ADAC.

Hi Mark,

Thanks for the info,it sounds like the kind of cover I needed.

I have, since the 1st post found that the majority of rescue services including the RAC do offer help when the only driver is incapacitated and have made a formal complaint to the AA who have yet to make a respons,e no surprize there!

Another thing I don't like with the AA is when my Father in Law died last year he had just renewed his AA membership and they point blank refused to refund the money to his widow,all they were prepared to do was transfer it free to some one else but we knew no one who could use it.

Even though I get the AA service as part of my bank account package I will seriously consider your idea with the ADAC.

The AA have done worse they refused to recover a members car when he died at the wheel with his wife in the car, They stated as he had died he was no longer a member.

I would readilly recommend the ADAC to anyone the service is outstanding & so cheap. Better than AA 5 star which costs fortunes per week when you go abroad. Its standard with ADAC plus.

Latest Deals

Lexus Official Store for genuine Lexus parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via eBay links