Do Not Sell My Personal Information Jump to content

Does Radseal Fix Radiator Leakeage

My radiator is starting to drip leak, not to a great extent, just thinking about a preventive measure/fix before it starts to gush out like broken water tap

Can I use radseal a liquid radiator sealant ?

Do this have any adverse effect on coolant or does it damage engine ?

Where can I get buy a new rx300SE, 04REG to buy ?

Any advise please will be highly appreciated

Thanks Guyz

My radiator is starting to drip leak, not to a great extent, just thinking about a preventive measure/fix before it starts to gush out like broken water tap

Thanks Guyz

If you can pinpoint the leak, try some 'Quicksteel'.

When I had a bad leak on my old Merc. an AA man used this.

It never leaked again,[years] and was OK when I sold it...

Thanks Guyz

Hi,

Radseal, K-Seal etc are design to plug holes, so that should put you off straight away !! My radiator went on my 2003 RX and I asked two mechanics at two different garages and they both said to never use such items as it will not only plug any leaks but may also plug genuine holes connected to pipes etc and you could end up with a more serious problem !! I got a quote from Lexus to replace my radiator, first quote was £650, I finally got it down to £450, but I still ran for the hills. Finally got a great job done at Berkshire Radiators in Reading for £280 !! Hope this helps.

Well having first hand experience of this stuff dont do it. Its a short term fix for a long term problem. The chemical stuff can block waterways and slow down you water pump creating bigger issues. Being an ex MGF owner alot of people use this as a fix for head gasket failure but long term cost outweighs it.

Well having first hand experience of this stuff dont do it. Its a short term fix for a long term problem. The chemical stuff can block waterways and slow down you water pump creating bigger issues. Being an ex MGF owner alot of people use this as a fix for head gasket failure but long term cost outweighs it.

When I was at my local garage,having code read they noticed small pin leak top right of rad they used a rad seal about 6 months ago been fine

Stuart