Do Not Sell My Personal Information Jump to content

Hid And Decoders

Hello everyone,

I have been reading all the threads so far with regards to installing an aftermarket HID kit but I can find two different types:

1. without decoders for missing bulb light - Link: http://cgi.ebay.co.uk/Slim-Ballast-HID-Xenon-Conversion-Kit-H1-UK-Seller-/230501487998?pt=UK_CarsParts_Vehicles_CarParts_SM&hash=item35aaf5957e#ht_4327wt_757

2. with decoders for missing bulb warning - Link http://cgi.ebay.co.uk/Xenon-HID-Conversion-Kit-HB4-9006-Decoders-/370410398673?cmd=ViewItem&pt=UK_CarsParts_Vehicles_CarParts_SM&hash=item563e2e23d1#ht_4904wt_757

Does anyone know which ones are the ones needed by the IS200? Also will fitting these cause any problems with the auto light facility?

Nik

Without decoder, I have standard ones in my main and dipped beam with no problems.

On a side note, it's strange modern cars have multiplex systems to tell you if you have a bulb out. It's good that the IS200 has a brake light failure detector because it's difficult to apply the brake and have a look at the back of your car at the same time. But do you really need your car to tell you why the road isn't as illuminated as it normally is?

Idiot proof motoring I suppose, it's the way of the future.

Without decoder, I have standard ones in my main and dipped beam with no problems.

On a side note, it's strange modern cars have multiplex systems to tell you if you have a bulb out. It's good that the IS200 has a brake light failure detector because it's difficult to apply the brake and have a look at the back of your car at the same time. But do you really need your car to tell you why the road isn't as illuminated as it normally is?

Idiot proof motoring I suppose, it's the way of the future.

I suppose its all about legislation. but the one thing I miss about my C class as it had a separate light for a blown bulb where the IS has the same light for handbrake/problems with brakes/blown bulb. On another note so I get this right. Is it the H1 or H4 bulbs I need?

Nik

• 3 weeks later...

I got my HID for my bike from Hids4u. make sure you get slimline blast and go no greater than 6k.

I'll post pics later but as a motorcyclist my main concern is being seen, well these HIDs make sure you are even in daylight.