Do Not Sell My Personal Information Jump to content

Couple Of Problems...

Hi all,

First up, my new Sony stereo isn't working any more, I suspect a fuse. Can anyone tell me where the fuse for the stereo is in the car so I can replace it? Also - are there any other systems linked to this fuse that will also now not work so I can be sure it is that that is the problem?

Second up - when the car is left to sit for a day, when I start it I get the smallest little puff of grey smoke after the car turns over for a second or two. It's defo not blue, so is this just a little unburnt fuel just burning off as it takes a couple of cranks before the engine fires?

Thanks in advance all!

There's a 20A fuse called "Radio1" in the fuse box in the engine bay just in front of the Battery.

A fuse called "Radio2" in the drivers kick well fuse box.

The electrical wiring diagram workshop manual is among the ones found here - manuals

From that it looks as though the following are some items associated in some way with the Radio2 fuse :-

Satnav, clock, wireless door locks, windows, interior light, mirrors, shift lock, a/c control, body ecu. :wacko:

Seems quite a lot but that's just from looking at the car wiring diagrams and probably not taking all their power from there.

Hope that's of some help :shifty:

TG

There's a 20A fuse called "Radio1" in the fuse box in the engine bay just in front of the battery.

A fuse called "Radio2" in the drivers kick well fuse box.

The electrical wiring diagram workshop manual is among the ones found here - manuals

From that it looks as though the following are some items associated in some way with the Radio2 fuse :-

Satnav, clock, wireless door locks, windows, interior light, mirrors, shift lock, a/c control, body ecu. :wacko:

Seems quite a lot but that's just from looking at the car wiring diagrams and probably not taking all their power from there.

Hope that's of some help :shifty:

TG

Thanks for this - it actually helps a lot!

Cheers :)

Also bear in mind most radio/cd players have an inbuilt fuse in the unit normally where the multiplug fits in at the rear.you normally prise out the fuse holder with a small screwdriver to expose the fuse.

They also normally have 2 supplies 1 constant and one switched via the ignition (normally red and yellow wires) make sure you have supplies to both with the ignition in acc position.