Do Not Sell My Personal Information Jump to content

Thinking Of A Diy Lpg Conversion.

I should have had the LS converted 3 years ago when i had the money but.......

Anyway, i need to bring the fuel bills down so that i can drive th eLS rather than the Rover CDT.

Im thinking of doing a DIY conversion. Im pretty handy with the tools so the actual conversion shouldnt be a problem.

Question is; have you done this conversion? or can you tell me what system your 93 LS is running on so that i can source the correct parts.

PS; ive just done my monthly 660mile round trip to Suffolk in the Rover @ £90. Would have been nice to do it in the LS but at £150+........

At that sort of money for a kit, it might be just as cheap to have the pros fit it. i have found 2 registered outlets that will do it for £950 all in.

I was hoping to do it for about 1/2 that.

Oh well......

Anyway, i need to bring the fuel bills down so that i can drive th eLS rather than the Rover CDT.

Im thinking of doing a DIY conversion. Im pretty handy with the tools so the actual conversion shouldnt be a problem.

Question is; have you done this conversion? or can you tell me what system your 93 LS is running on so that i can source the correct parts.

PS; ive just done my monthly 660mile round trip to Suffolk in the Rover @ £90. Would have been nice to do it in the LS but at £150+........

Hi someone on eBay is selling a complete kit off an ls430 for £250 buy it now price that will be a multi point kit & should fit yours.

Hi someone on eBay is selling a complete kit off an ls430 for £250 buy it now price that will be a multi point kit & should fit yours.

I looked but couldn't find it,do you have the link please?

I looked but couldn't find it,do you have the link please?

I just looked again it sold at 8.11 pm sorry

• 2 weeks later...

Hi Sir John,if you do go down the road of L.P.G. conversion which I did, you must make sure that the person is registered to do the job. check their number is recognised by your insurance company otherwise you could end up with a done conversion,but no insurance.If you go onto WWW.greenfuel.org.uk they will give you a location near you that is registered to carry out the work.