Do Not Sell My Personal Information Jump to content

For sometime now the LS been hybrid only same with the GS300/460 and RX300/350, any one know why the non hybrid models been dropped in UK and not anywhere else ? and more to point cars like bmw 7 series and mercedes s class dont have hybrids lol just hope the next IS wont be hybrid only

basically sales of the hybrid versions became such a higher percentage that it didn't make sense to continue selling the non-hybrid versions.

Seems to be a problem for the GS because the boot space on the 450h is very limited.

The German manufacturers have been concentrating on diesels up until this point - new emission rules may change that

I would assume given the present economic climate, the price of fuel and the road tax they aren't selling any.

I went into Lexus Derby on Tuesday and they only had an LS600 on display from the LS model range.

basically sales of the hybrid versions became such a higher percentage that it didn't make sense to continue selling the non-hybrid versions.

Seems to be a problem for the GS because the boot space on the 450h is very limited.

The German manufacturers have been concentrating on diesels up until this point - new emission rules may change that

Interesting suggestion about it being the percentage of 460s being bought being the issue.

Not something to do with the overall number of cars being sold, with both the 460 and 600 being simply overpriced? The 600s aren't actually selling like hot cakes, from what I can see!

Interesting i thought the hybrid was really expensive, ok fair point about emissions and the euro 5 or is it 6 now, did notice on the german lexus website(dont ask why i was looking at it) the Ls460 and Rx350 still be bought new and the Ls460 can be had with 4WD somehting i dont think UK ever got, gotta love that certain cars we never get but everywhere else does even in ireland there still offered with the LS460!

Before Lexus pulled the plug on UK 460s they did start advertising AWD versions, but I don't know if they ever sold any. They were half a second slower to 62 than the RWD version, and a little less good on petrol, but if anyone out there has one that they're a bit bored with, perhaps they'd let me know? I'm sure it would be a damn site better in the snow than RWD!

As far as the Irish cars go, if you follow through and find the price, the 460 with the usual box of toys is over 155000 euro, with the 600 at 179000 euro - that's about the price of a small housing estate in Ireland now, so I suspect that they are selling even fewer cars over there than they are here.

• 2 weeks later...