Do Not Sell My Personal Information Jump to content

Hi lexus owners,

This topic may have come up before but has anyone had problems with flat Battery?

I'm not sure which Battery goes flat but would assume that its the main Battery. Also on the screen the Battery charging never seem's to go yellow (full charged) for long) After the last flat Battery 10 days ago and running the car 50 odd miles the next morning the screen showed purple!

Has anyone experienced the same thing?

Cheers for reading

Brian

What do you mean by flat Battery? Unable to unlock and start the vehicle? If so that is the Aux Battery (a normal lead-acid battery). It that keeps going flat then you probably need a new one as it cannot keep a charge anymore, or something is draining it such as an interior light being left on.

The hybrid Battery, the one which has a status display on the dash, is charged by the engine and regen brakes - you don't need to worry about this one, the on board computers take care of it's charging.

Hi lexus owners,

This topic may have come up before but has anyone had problems with flat battery?

I'm not sure which battery goes flat but would assume that its the main battery. Also on the screen the battery charging never seem's to go yellow (full charged) for long) After the last flat battery 10 days ago and running the car 50 odd miles the next morning the screen showed purple!

Has anyone experienced the same thing?

Cheers for reading

Brian

There are many threads on here about the RX400 auxiliary Battery problem, it is a well beaten subject. Suggest you search to find them.

The traction batteries are looked after by the computer system. They are in constant use and so do not remain fully charged for extended periods.