Do Not Sell My Personal Information Jump to content

Abs And Trc Flashing.

Balsca

Hi Guys, after a drive I popped into Tescos for 10 minutes, when I returned and started the car, the ABS and TRC were flashing although the car felt alright.

I drove it home without problem and parked it up in the garage as my mate had my obd2 scanner, and I nabbed it off him today.

I went back to the car today and found it hard to start and a bit lumpy, although not as bad as when 1 coilpack failed last year, and needed a bit of gas to keep it going at first.

Plugged the reader in but noticed the Engine management light was not lit and there was no codes stored/pending.

Anyone have any ideas or suggestions?

Cheers

Iain

Have you read the error codes of the ABS-TRC ECU or the Engine ECU?

Had the the same problem, had to read codes from under bonnet, mine was abs sensor front right got a second hand one put it in, cancelled fault and all ok now, not sure was mine the actual sensor or the plug where sensor plugs in before i got sorted lights woulld come on some times not on all the time, think mine could have been a brake in a wire or sensor,, watch out ya have no traction cntrl workin when the lights are flashin

ooh is the plug under bonnet different? i got no codes from the one under the steering..

Started it again and the lights had dissapeared, ill keep an eye on it and try the engine plug next time.

Cheers

Iain

Aah just looked under bonnet and its not OBD2 so cant connect to it :(

its gonna bug me now and knocked my confidence in the car a bit.

Edited by Balsca

ooh is the plug under bonnet different? i got no codes from the one under the steering..

Started it again and the lights had dissapeared, ill keep an eye on it and try the engine plug next time.

Cheers

Iain

Aah just looked under bonnet and its not OBD2 so cant connect to it :(

its gonna bug me now and knocked my confidence in the car a bit.

sorry lad i meant you cross the fuses under the bonnet and read the flash codes from the dash not sure how to do it got a bot to help me with mine, i can find out though

Latest Deals

Lexus Official Store for genuine Lexus parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via eBay links