Do Not Sell My Personal Information Jump to content

Is200 Weird Noise?

on my is200 sport 02 i have noticed a weird noise coming from the drivers side direction

its hard to explain the sound as its not so much a click but more of a "on off" squeel and very loud (similar to a power steering noise-ish)???

only does it when i turn "left" and sharply - not at low speed.

any advice - i just used the car for the first time in about a week - never made a noise before??

I have the same problem with my 05 plate is200,

went in for service and asked them to find the noise and what caused it,so they told me it was the rear brakes lol,any way after some debating with the fitter cos they are not mechanics any more are they.they played around with the front caliper and striped it cleaned umm any way the noise went for a while but then came back and asked toyota garage if they did the other front one which they said no and now the brake pedal is spongy and this was nothing to do with them lol. so what to do next because some times it sounds dreadful and every one looks at you.

ANY ONE?????????????????

Cheers

Andy.

Best way to describe the noise is, as though the disc back plate dust cover is rubbing on the disc itself (metalic noise)

Bearing, CV joint, seized brake caliper??? cant really say without hearing and seeing it!!!!

Check you wheel bearing,jack up the car,spin the wheel and listen for bearing roughness,grab wheel at 12 and 6 oclock and see if there is any play,then grab at 3 and 9 oclock and do the same.

If you do detect any movement get someone to apply the brakes while you repeat the 2nd and 3rd test to eliminate the cause being suspension related,if the play is still there the bearing is on it's way out.

There are no CV joints on the front wheels as the IS is rear wheel drive.

Another possibility is a braking problem as previously mentioned but not very likely.

Cheers

will give it ago in 6 weeks when im back in the uk.

Check you wheel bearing,jack up the car,spin the wheel and listen for bearing roughness,grab wheel at 12 and 6 oclock and see if there is any play,then grab at 3 and 9 oclock and do the same.

If you do detect any movement get someone to apply the brakes while you repeat the 2nd and 3rd test to eliminate the cause being suspension related,if the play is still there the bearing is on it's way out.

There are no CV joints on the front wheels as the IS is rear wheel drive.

Another possibility is a braking problem as previously mentioned but not very likely.