Do Not Sell My Personal Information Jump to content

Is250 17" New Tyres

MW70

My 2006 IS250 is currently shod with 4 cheapo Sunny "High Performance" tyres with good treads - Someone obviously thought this was a good idea but they are pretty awful.

Firstly they are really noisy - its sounds like the wheel bearings are grinding or theres a problem with the driveshaft - and with a sniff of moisture they start to loose the plot.. not good. After the recent Ice and Snow and just things like wet roundabouts at slow speed or driving through big puddles and the wheels spinning and the car twitching all over the place several times I am giving serious thought to changing them as its putting me off the car generally.

So guys please could you share your experiences of changing tyres. Ideally I want to reduce the road noise ( I know this is a known IS issue anyway). Increase the grip in the wet a lot!, reasonable wear character is ok - I dont do massive miles. And still be good in the Dry too.. (dont ask much do I)

Anyone know what the original tyres would have been or can comment on them?

Lookforward to hearing from you

Cheers

MW

My 2006 IS250 is currently shod with 4 cheapo Sunny "High Performance" tyres with good treads - Someone obviously thought this was a good idea but they are pretty awful.

Firstly they are really noisy - its sounds like the wheel bearings are grinding or theres a problem with the driveshaft - and with a sniff of moisture they start to loose the plot.. not good. After the recent Ice and Snow and just things like wet roundabouts at slow speed or driving through big puddles and the wheels spinning and the car twitching all over the place several times I am giving serious thought to changing them as its putting me off the car generally.

So guys please could you share your experiences of changing tyres. Ideally I want to reduce the road noise ( I know this is a known IS issue anyway). Increase the grip in the wet a lot!, reasonable wear character is ok - I dont do massive miles. And still be good in the Dry too.. (dont ask much do I)

Anyone know what the original tyres would have been or can comment on them?

Lookforward to hearing from you

Cheers

MW

Hi,at a guess I would say they originally had Bridgestones as this is Lexus prefered choice,having said that some owners say they are rather noisy.I have currently got Bridgestones on the front and goodyear f1's on the rear of my IS 200.I have never been fan of cheap tyres(you pay for what you get) as they compromise handling and grip.There are quite a few tyres out there to choose from - Goodyears,Bridgestones,Dunlop,Continentals,etc just dont go for budget 1s,hope this helps.

Latest Deals

Lexus Official Store for genuine Lexus parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via eBay links