Do Not Sell My Personal Information Jump to content

2005 Is200 Petrol Tank Leaking

hi folks

just joined up as looking for some advice

my is200 has developed a leak from the fuel tank

on further investigation it looks like the tank has corroded thru under one of the tank straps

can any one tell me how hard a job it would be to change ? ive had a quick look and it seems to me that the prop exhaust and handbrake cable needs to come off

is there a haynes manual to download & can anyone tell me where i could buy a new tank? searching google only brings up breakers

thanks in advance

hi folks

just joined up as looking for some advice

my is200 has developed a leak from the fuel tank

on further investigation it looks like the tank has corroded thru under one of the tank straps

can any one tell me how hard a job it would be to change ? ive had a quick look and it seems to me that the prop exhaust and handbrake cable needs to come off

is there a haynes manual to download & can anyone tell me where i could buy a new tank? searching google only brings up breakers

thanks in advance

Hi, theres no Haynes manual for the IS 200,however you might be able to download some sort of repair manual,I would be surprised if it actually is the tank itself that is leaking(on a six year old????)I have had 2 IS 200 and havent encounted this problem,maybe some other members could shed more light on this issue