Do Not Sell My Personal Information Jump to content

Adding Dab To My Gen3 Head Unit

Hi,

New to the site & recently picked up a 2006 RX400H SE - Multimedia model. Really happy with it so far but have one or two quick questions

1. Is there a way to add digital radio via an add on module for this Gen of Head Unit? Mine appears to be Gen 3 (vehicel was registered in Jan 2006)

2. Looks like all the decent Ipod Connection units only work with Gen 5 Head Units & up (in terms of being able to naviagte by the touch screen)- I am guessing the cost of a Gen 5 head unit is punitive even in a breakers yard.

3. Really silly question I know but I assume it is possible to have multiple handsets configured for the wirless phone connection - should I use the different profiles for each phone?

4. Is there a crack that will allow me to enter destinations while on the move or do I always have to pull up & park.

Thanks in advance for your input here...looking forward to being an active part of this community moving forward.

Ed

1&2 - take a look at Vaistech for ideas of what is possible.

http://www.vaistech.com/dev/home.php

with the older stereo system on the RX, ipod adapters use the stereo/steering wheel buttons to select tracks/playlists rather than touchscreen - not sure what gen/year it will integrate with touchscreen.

3 - Bluetooth phones are recognised by their MAC address so you will have to pair each one and manually select which one to use - only automatically connects to the last selected phone.

4 - Get a newer nav disc. 2010 onwards discs allow destinations whilst moving. Telephone is still locked out, apart from shortcuts :-(

http://www.lexus-mapupdates.eu/

• 1 month later...

Hi,

New to the site & recently picked up a 2006 RX400H SE - Multimedia model. Really happy with it so far but have one or two quick questions

1. Is there a way to add digital radio via an add on module for this Gen of Head Unit? Mine appears to be Gen 3 (vehicel was registered in Jan 2006)

2. Looks like all the decent Ipod Connection units only work with Gen 5 Head Units & up (in terms of being able to naviagte by the touch screen)- I am guessing the cost of a Gen 5 head unit is punitive even in a breakers yard.

3. Really silly question I know but I assume it is possible to have multiple handsets configured for the wirless phone connection - should I use the different profiles for each phone?

4. Is there a crack that will allow me to enter destinations while on the move or do I always have to pull up & park.

Thanks in advance for your input here...looking forward to being an active part of this community moving forward.

Ed

1) Only via FM link

2) Different units have different capabilities - take a look at Vais & Dice BUT personally I find the manual mode available in both these easier than using the nav screen which can be kludgy - ie use the controls on the ipod. The fwd/rev controls on the wheel still work as well in this mode.

3) No and it will only sync with last used irritatingly. Even worse you cant change on the move - gah!

4) Yes - google for it in the US forum - involves pressing top left corner of screen or something like that? Otherwise 2009 on DVD is unlocked for changing destination but NOT phone/bluetooth.

Latest Deals

Lexus Official Store for genuine Lexus parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via eBay links