Do Not Sell My Personal Information Jump to content

Hi, Need some advice please?

Just lately my rear passanges have complained about there seat belts going into the lock mode with no give, as I have never sat in the back i cant tell if this is norm or not, but surely there should be play in them if you need to bend forword, when they first put them on they do work norm but after a short time they go tight, as anyone had this problem

This has happened on the rear belts on my GS430 sometimes. I don't often have passengers in the rear seats so I don't know if it is regular occurrence or not.

Hi Dave, I think its only the passanger rear that only locks ? it is always that one that passangers complains on, just wondering if its anything to do with putting baby seats in and pulling belt out to its limit when putting baby seats in, I will have to check drivers rear next time i have passanger in that one so unsure about this one at moment, or maybe its something to do with me taking back seats out last year when I thought I had a problem with ABS rear wheel senor.

Cheers

Don

It is normal. If you pull them out to their full extent, a ratchet kicks in which stops them pulling out again until it is fully retracted. I assume it is to allow things to be strapped in without them rocking back and forth under acceleration and gentle braking. Can be a right pain at times. Would be nice if there was a switch to toggle it on or off.

ok so once baby seat as been remove and someone sits there dont it go back to normal ?or do i have to pull it all out again and let it go back in before anyone sits there? as it is a pane to someone sitting there as they feel tied in with no movement :tomato:

What do you mean mate? Someone removed the baby seat before getting in and doesn't let the seat belt wind all the way back in first?

The ratchet will kick in as soon as you pull the seat belt all the way out. So if someone is sat with it on, and leans all the way forward so it reaches the end, the ratchet will engage.

sorry mate, look i have had baby seat in that chair so what i am asking is -

once baby seat as been removed do I have to pull belt all the way out and let it retract to get the belt workng correctly again, as at moment when a grown up sits in that chair with the belt on its ok for a few minutes and then gos into the lock possition?

once baby seat as been removed do I have to pull belt all the way out and let it retract to get the belt workng correctly again, as at moment when a grown up sits in that chair with the belt on its ok for a few minutes and then gos into the lock possition?

no you shouldn't have to do that. Seems the belt is over sensitive. Whether prolonged use of the baby seat, and the belt being stopped from retracting fully, causes the issue is debatable.

• 2 months later...

done it now mate had to pull belt right out slowley till it comes to a stop and then let it go back in very slow, its ok now

cheers

Don

no you shouldn't have to do that. Seems the belt is over sensitive. Whether prolonged use of the baby seat, and the belt being stopped from retracting fully, causes the issue is debatable.

Latest Deals

Lexus Official Store for genuine Lexus parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via eBay links