Do Not Sell My Personal Information Jump to content

What 400H Should I Expect For £18K + Se-L Ice Variants

Hi,

I am after any advice that can be offered as I am looking for a 400h SE-L (Or SE with Multimedia & ICE) and have a budget of around £18K. I would prefer to buy from a Lexus garage to benefit from the years Lexus warranty and the full service they seem to offer. If I had a choice between low milage or a younger car I would go for the lower milage I think unless that impacts the ICE options for the rear DVD players as per my next question!

I have seen a few SE-L models and the DVD screens in the rear of the headrests seem to vary from nice neat ones that are sunk into the headrest to ones that look like they are much larger and sit proud of the seat. Can anyone tell me at what point the they chaged or if I have been seeing some aftermarket clunk?!

Do the rear DVDs all work in the same way and do they show the DVD that is inserted in the front stereo? Or do they have their own players and am I right in thinking that the front sccreen can be used to play DVDs too? Can it do this while on the move?

Sorry for all the questions and thanks in advance for any advice people can offer!

Hi,

I am after any advice that can be offered as I am looking for a 400h SE-L (Or SE with Multimedia & ICE) and have a budget of around £18K. I would prefer to buy from a Lexus garage to benefit from the years Lexus warranty and the full service they seem to offer. If I had a choice between low milage or a younger car I would go for the lower milage I think unless that impacts the ICE options for the rear DVD players as per my next question!

I have seen a few SE-L models and the DVD screens in the rear of the headrests seem to vary from nice neat ones that are sunk into the headrest to ones that look like they are much larger and sit proud of the seat. Can anyone tell me at what point the they chaged or if I have been seeing some aftermarket clunk?!

Do the rear DVDs all work in the same way and do they show the DVD that is inserted in the front stereo? Or do they have their own players and am I right in thinking that the front sccreen can be used to play DVDs too? Can it do this while on the move?

Sorry for all the questions and thanks in advance for any advice people can offer!

As an idea, i bought a 400h 3 months ago, an se-i with nav and a few other extras, 50k miles, black on black, on a 55 plate. Was about £16k. Sorry cant give u much more help than that but its a start.

If u buy 5+ years older, you get 1 year warranty. And its worth paying the £1k a year for thewarranty. Something to think about when working out finances

AFAIK the 'official' Lexus dvd screens are always properly integrated into the rear of the headrests, I've not seen anything else. The DVD player for them is under the driver's seat - not very accessible when on the move! The front DVD player only plays on the front screen, and then only when the car's stationary, rendering it basically useless. There are 'mod kits' available from Japan/USA to fix this if you're inclined, and it is possible to feed the output of the front player to the Aux in of the rear player - US spec RX's are supplied this way as standard, I think.

As for what £18k buys, it seems to me that the price of RX's is quite mileage sensitive, so if you want a low-miler it'll probably have to be an '06 reg I suspect.

Cheers to you both, I was hoping to get an 06 with about 40K on the clock for around the 18K mark so sounds ok to me.

Just out of interest uncle_rob was yours from a Lexus dealer? If it was could you say which one?

Cheers to you both, I was hoping to get an 06 with about 40K on the clock for around the 18K mark so sounds ok to me.

Just out of interest uncle_rob was yours from a Lexus dealer? If it was could you say which one?

It was from lexus liverpool, but i will NEVER go back. They are a disgrace. Stick with bolton if you are local.

Good luck

Latest Deals

Lexus Official Store for genuine Lexus parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via eBay links