Do Not Sell My Personal Information Jump to content

My New Lexus Is200 Se Aero

Hi Guys

Please see pics of my new Lexus IS200SE Aero 2.0 auto. Its got 3 owners from new, FSH, and only 50,000 miles ! , i bought it from my old man, and had the bumpers tidied up as a few car park scratches and also had all four wheels refurbished.

Whats you thoughts, and how much would people say its worth? if its not economical enough i may have to let it go in 6 months or so :-(

Before tidy up

IMGP0447blanked.jpg

IMGP0448.jpg

IMGP0446.jpg

IMGP0450.jpg

After tidy up ! :-) , well chuffed !

IMGP0507.jpg

IMGP0504.jpg

IMGP0506Blanked.jpg

IMGP0512.jpg

IMGP0501.jpg

IMGP0502Blanked.jpg

Cheers

Rich

hahaha economical thats something the IS200 isnt!sorry yours is an auto so its even worse...

Whats you thoughts, and how much would people say its worth? if its not economical enough i may have to let it go in 6 months or so :-(

It won't be economical at all. You need to change your driving style to squeeze ever mile out of a IS200. Nice looking car by the way. Always liked the blue.

Thanks Guys.

Well your all definately right about it not being economical, well i dont think its gona be.

I filled my 57 plate civic up for about £60-£65 and would get 400 miles ish and return at decent 48mpg

Ive put £75 in the lexus to fill it up and re set the trip, and think i may struggle to get 350 miles out of it !

and like you said dont think the auto helps, its great for my back when that is playing up and hurting and great for stop start traffic, but the auto box is so slow at pull away :-(

Love the car though, so smooth and thinks its clean for an 03 ! :-)

How much do people rekon its worth ?

any lexus meets in the southwest ?

Cheers

Rich

Poor mpg is an issue but if you got it for a good price that will more than offset the extra cost. They are also beautiful cars to drive that very, very rarely go wrong. Just need half decent servicing and cam belt change when it's scheduled. Local garages are also familiar with them as they have been around a long time.

She's looking outstanding :) ...hope its not rude to ask, what sort of money did you spend on the paintwork, as my bumpers could to with some attention.

Looks very nice mate, very similar to mine :winky:

As others have said mpg won't be great, a full tank for me now is about £85 and I get max 350 miles out of that but I have a heavy right foot :whistling:

Regarding what it's worth, maybe £3-4k? Hard to tell really, have a look somewhere like autotrader to see what similar cars are going for.

Bob King & Garthy

I dont mind you asking guys,

the wheels were £50.00 each, and the bumpers worked out at £150.00 each, he did a few other bits for me as well

So for £500.00 i got :

All 4 wheels refurbished

Any small imperfections or dents etc in bumpers filled sanded and ready for paint

front and back bumper painted

Car mopped

and whilst he had the bumpers mesh / grills of some of the black paint has been chipped of from road stones etc, so he put some matt black paint back over all the grills for me

:-)

Cant seem to find TTE spoiler like that anywhere :( so i went for a similer style one from taiwan only £30ish all in

Used to be able to get them from Lexus, are they out of stock now?