Do Not Sell My Personal Information Jump to content

Pearlescent White/how To Spot A Changed Cambelt

Hello All,

I'm another new member having recently bought a 1995 LS400 Mk3. Paid £1500, already LPG converted and running very smooth (so far!). Appears well looked after although second owner was a bit hit and miss at keeping receipts/records of work done. I have a receipt from his Lexus Dealership for a new cambelt in Dec 2005, when the car was on about 80,000 miles, but no receipt for fitting it and no sticker on the engine! I am guessing, hopefully, that it was actually fitted. Any other way that I would know? The car is now on 120,000 so I'm not looking at a change for a little while IF a new one was actually fitted!

I am loving the drive and my wife is saying she has become a Lexus widow! Never enjoyed cleaning a car so much in my life!

Slowly working my way through the small but clearly common issues; retractable ariel motor not working, getting rid of evidence of the previous owners smoking habit (car had been valeted but front and back ashtrays still loaded with butts!) etc.

Any advice on a colour match for the lovely pearlescant white for stone chips etc? Dealership?

Thanks for all the super helpful advice.

Jim

I have a similar situation, a dealer stamp showing the first change (and a sticker on the engine), then a Nissan receipt for new belt and tensioner kit dated a couple of years back.

I came to the conclusion that it would have to be a very clever operator to backdate a proper invoice for a cambelt change, and that clever operator would have to be very silly indeed to not bother with said cambelt change! The car was part-ex'd to the dealer I bought it from so any trickery like that would be pointless.

If you have an LPG system you should have it serviced by the installer, just to keep things tip top. Mine charges about £50 or so for an annual checkup. Things can drift.

Hi, without seeing any pics if your car is White over silver, it should be ... DIAMOND WHITE PEARL .. 051

Check your chassis plate to confirm before sorting any paint.

Cheers steve

I have a similar situation, a dealer stamp showing the first change (and a sticker on the engine), then a Nissan receipt for new belt and tensioner kit dated a couple of years back.

I came to the conclusion that it would have to be a very clever operator to backdate a proper invoice for a cambelt change, and that clever operator would have to be very silly indeed to not bother with said cambelt change! The car was part-ex'd to the dealer I bought it from so any trickery like that would be pointless.

If you have an LPG system you should have it serviced by the installer, just to keep things tip top. Mine charges about £50 or so for an annual checkup. Things can drift.

The original LPG installer is in Slough, close to me, so took it back there for an LPG service. Like you said, I wanted the peace of mind that it was tip top. He charged £95 but said he didn't expect to see me for another 30,000 miles!

Cheers,

Jim

Hi, without seeing any pics if your car is White over silver, it should be ... DIAMOND WHITE PEARL .. 051

Check your chassis plate to confirm before sorting any paint.

Cheers steve

Nice advice, I'll check the plate. Colour is the same as the one in the Tv ad recently that folks have been commenting on.

That was me lol, yep sounds like 051.

Have a site with all the paint codes on but don't know how to link it from a iPad....

ToyotaReference.com

Select Lexus and from there your year ls

Cheers Steve.