Do Not Sell My Personal Information Jump to content

Today was MOT day. My nearside wiper blade was shot so I bought a replacement from Halfords which my mechanic fitted before the test. Result: a pass, with no advisories, total cost £62. I can't say I'm completely surprised but I'm well chuffed.

I know fuel costs are a bit alarming, but when you factor in low purchase price, negligible depreciation and the fact that a 13-year old car that's done 141,000 miles can get through an MOT without any work, running an old Lexus begins to look like reasonable-cost motoring.

Incidentally, my mechanic believes that the Mk.IVs were the last Lexuses to be built to the original high standard. In his opinion the newer cars are fabulous machines but not nearly as well made. (Sounds like Mercedes?) Which brings me back to the familiar problem: what would I ever replace mine with?

Hi, that's a great result!!!. Happy days... 400"s are our little secret.

You will probably feel the pull of a 430 one day. Lol

Another years quality motoring ahead.

Steve

Today was MOT day. My nearside wiper blade was shot so I bought a replacement from Halfords which my mechanic fitted before the test. Result: a pass, with no advisories, total cost £62. I can't say I'm completely surprised but I'm well chuffed.

I know fuel costs are a bit alarming, but when you factor in low purchase price, negligible depreciation and the fact that a 13-year old car that's done 141,000 miles can get through an MOT without any work, running an old Lexus begins to look like reasonable-cost motoring.

Incidentally, my mechanic believes that the Mk.IVs were the last Lexuses to be built to the original high standard. In his opinion the newer cars are fabulous machines but not nearly as well made. (Sounds like Mercedes?) Which brings me back to the familiar problem: what would I ever replace mine with?

Hi I trained a lexus mechanic ( im a hgv driving instructor) He was of the same opinion as to the ls 400 build quallity.

Bearing in mind the way these cars can last so long, maybe you'll replace it one day with an electric scooter!!! :hehe:

You mean a mobility scooter (as used by Madge in Benidorm)? I've already got something similar: a smart cabrio.

Now then... heres an idea. A Madge Harvey Benidorm scooter with an LS400 motor.

Happy days or what. dream on big fella. dream on. :blink:

You mean a mobility scooter (as used by Madge in Benidorm)? I've already got something similar: a smart cabrio.

Now then... heres an idea. A Madge Harvey Benidorm scooter with an LS400 motor.

Happy days or what. dream on big fella. dream on. :blink:

Many true words are spoken in jest!!

And I'm happy to report that my elderly lady now has a new MOT.

Advisory on Slight corrosion to a rear brake pipe. But sadly a broken O/S/F spring. I know when it happened and by whom. Not lending the baby out again is all I will say (unless pressed).

The point however is that a 16 year old has passed another test which, if the owner hadn't been foolish enough to lend her out, would have been the 2nd time without any problem. I love her :winky: