Do Not Sell My Personal Information Jump to content

Is300 Service

The service recommendation for the timing belt on the IS200 was revised from 100k or 10 years, to 60k or 6 years, but was it revised for the IS300 too, my book just says 100,000 miles, but doesn't say if it needs doing every 6 or 10 years, I could do with a confirmation from someone in the know as even my local Toyota and Lexus dealers are unsure

My IS300 is a 2002 and i've had it just over a year, it had just under 49k when I got it in Jan '10, and I had it serviced May '10 with 50k on and Now it has 56,400, FLSH and no mention of Timing belts ever been done

altho goin thru the receipts it seem the previous owner spent a fotune lookin after it

According to the service schedule from when I had the cambelt done it's definitely 6 years, it's only the mileage that was changed for the 200 but the timing never changed.

329776068.jpg

Cheers for that, gettin a straight answer on t'other forum doesn't seem to be straight forward

No worries, there is a bit of confusion around this so I'm just going with what Lexus say. It's mainly because the GS300 is 100k or 10yrs so some think the IS300 was the same.

I suppose you could inspect the belt on a regular basis and try and go longer, but I'd be inclined to err on the side of caution and just get it changed every 6 years to save a hefty repair bill should it fail.

is it easy to inspect it tho, I thought once u've got to the point of being able to see it, it may as well be whipped off for a new one anyway, and i'm not at all a mechanic so i'd only be asking someone else to do it anyway

is it easy to inspect it tho, I thought once u've got to the point of being able to see it, it may as well be whipped off for a new one anyway, and i'm not at all a mechanic so i'd only be asking someone else to do it anyway

Not 100% on that side of things either, sorry mate - I'm sure someone must know how easy it is to get to though :)