Do Not Sell My Personal Information Jump to content

Cupcakes,

I'm still looking for an LS400 with LPG and this Mk3 has cropped up on fleabay, http://cgi.ebay.co.uk/1997-LEXUS-LS400-AUTO-lpg-converted-/110685128840?pt=Automobiles_UK&hash=item19c5590888.

It's over 300 miles from where I live so popping round for a quick look is not a good idea.

I've asked the seller a whole list of questions a few minutes ago, no reply yet (keys, display, MOT advisories, water pump and tensioners, bonnet struts etc.).

alloys look a bit dodgy and the mpg of 16 around town on LPG looks lowish to me....but I've never owned one!

Anyone got any comments, I'm seriously tempted, is it really worth waiting for a Mk4?

Many thanks,

Nick

Cupcakes,

I'm still looking for an LS400 with LPG and this Mk3 has cropped up on fleabay, http://cgi.ebay.co.uk/1997-LEXUS-LS400-AUTO-lpg-converted-/110685128840?pt=Automobiles_UK&hash=item19c5590888.

It's over 300 miles from where I live so popping round for a quick look is not a good idea.

I've asked the seller a whole list of questions a few minutes ago, no reply yet (keys, display, MOT advisories, water pump and tensioners, bonnet struts etc.).

Alloys look a bit dodgy and the mpg of 16 around town on LPG looks lowish to me....but I've never owned one!

Anyone got any comments, I'm seriously tempted, is it really worth waiting for a Mk4?

Many thanks,

Nick

I have used LPG for the last 16 years with all mine and my wifes cars and all the cars I have ever gone to see with LPG already installed have had big problems.

My advice unless you can get a cheap ticket up there to see the car leave it and find another.

Most LPG installers will not fix other installers problems so your left with having to install another LPG system.

Has he got a fairly new Safety Certification for it your insurance company will ask for it and check if your present insurance company will accept a converted petrol car some wont go near them.

If his MPG figures are correct there is a big problem. My Mk IV averages around 32/33 m/way and around town about 24ish

Sorry to be the prophet of doom but its better to get these things sorted at this point.

Good luck

Mike

He has answered your question on the listing now...

When I had an LPG car, I was told to expect 85% of my petrol MPG on gas, so if he's getting 18 on petrol, 16 on gas doesn't seem too far off the mark, bear in mind you getting gas for just over 50% of the cost of petrol.

Does sound genuine enough and if he wasn't so far from me, I'd have a punt.....His feedback is good too.

At the end of the day, it depends where his reserve sits...

Let us know if you go for it.

Mike

I like the look of the Mk4 on eBay with 66,000 miles which won't start. So cheap at the moment and perfect for someone with a bit of LS400 know-how, and an LPG conversion...... Wish I had somewhere to put this one to work on it!

Jim