Do Not Sell My Personal Information Jump to content

My Lexus Is200 Se

Well, after a bit of a faff with the wiring (getting the wrong harness, then getting the correct one but missing the switched live wire, before finally getting the correct harness with all required wires) the headunit is in :D Really nice piece of kit, liking it a lot

A few pics

random071.jpg

random072.jpg

random073.jpg

random074.jpg

random075.jpg

random076.jpg

Nice car. Got any pictures of the car side on showing the 40mm drop? Also the stereo looks best with orange backlight as it matches the dash lights.

Nice car. Got any pictures of the car side on showing the 40mm drop? Also the stereo looks best with orange backlight as it matches the dash lights.

didn't know the is200se came with trc and snow button

The fascia comes with a bit on trim that fits into that gap, to make the whole thing more snugly fitting, did it not fit correctly with your stereo or something?

Also, I sanded down my fascia to lose the texture, and sprayed it with some Halfords satin black so it matched the rest of the interior a bit more closely:

IMAG0480.jpg

Looking good :) Strange how there is such a large gap between the headunit and fascia.

I have got a surround for it, but it looks even worse with the headunit further out, so i dropped the headunit back a bit more, and sat it like this. Don't think it looks too bad tbh :)

stereo looks messy

I hope that means good lol

Will take one for you when i next out with the camera mate ;) It hasn't got orange unfortunately :( but i'm hoping to buy the smd kit in blue off eBay to match the headunit :)

The fascia comes with a bit on trim that fits into that gap, to make the whole thing more snugly fitting, did it not fit correctly with your stereo or something?

Also, I sanded down my fascia to lose the texture, and sprayed it with some Halfords satin black so it matched the rest of the interior a bit more closely:

IMAG0480.jpg

As above reply, didn't look right, so i left it off. As for the fascia, i'm looking into getting it all cf wrapped :)

• 3 weeks later...

Quick update

Had a misfire issue, but 2 coilpacks later and its sorted

18"s are now sold, as i had a change of heart. New set of 17" lightweight jdm alloys on the way :)

Also need some ideas to make my is200 look a bit more jdm on the whole. Any specific parts i should be looking at? Looking at getting some coilovers in the next few months, and possibly carbon bonnet and bootlid.

Any input appreciated

smart looking lex, did you de-badge it or was it already like it? how many miles?

i can see the appeal for aftermarket stereos but to me it looks like a botched job, i think oem looks much better, i think it takes the class out the car when the centre console is messed with.

you need some AC Stainless rings now to set it off

Cheers Phil

Came debadged when i bought it. I'm looking into changing the clock lights to blue, to match the headunit. I always prefer aftermarket stereos, the sound is so much clearer, and they have more stuff in them, such as aux in, Bluetooth etc, plus mine was broken anyway. Also waiting to see what happens with the group buy on the s/s dials, and if i can get a set, then i'll get the clock surround and ac dial surrounds at a later point too :)

you think the sound is better? what IS you got? on the SE its a premium system, wont get better unless you spend a lot. as for Aux in, get a grom audio adapter, and it play you ipod/iphone/mp3 through oem stereo using the oem controls, plus it has Bluetooth streaming capability, plus Bluetooth handsfree! Happy days lol

Yeah i've got an se. Just sounds a lot clearer to me, and i'm not a fan of any stereo that has a tape deck lol. Will be upgrading the speakers soon, and adding a cheap and cheerful sub and amp i got second hand the other day. Will be enough for me

Local Lexus dealer quoted me OEM 2 DIN fascia 82 EUR. It is with the same texture and color as this original headunit. Price is about the same range as those aftermarket parts.

New wheels are on!

Impul NS01R alloy wheels, very rare

17" lightweight japan spec wheels

7.5J on the fronts ET35, 8.5J on the rear ET38

Worked out that i've saved 12kg alone just by swapping my standards to these 8)

More pics when its not raining

Picture014-3.jpg

Picture015-4.jpg

Nice weight saving. Probably a bit too open spoked for my taste though but I would definitely spruce up your calipers with a lick of paint and some decals with them so much on show ;) I'd probably go for some grooved and cross drilled disc too just to fill the gaps in the spokes with something nice to look at.