Do Not Sell My Personal Information Jump to content

Aftermarket Stereo's

BillNick

Hi all,

Following the epic failure of my OEM CD player I would like to get a Double Din aftermarket headunit with all the toys.

However, I have the Sport so got the full 8 speaker system and I have to say I am very pleased with the output considering its an OEM setup. So, when I get the aftermarket unit I dont want to compromise the 8 speaker setup - infact Im hoping for improvement?

Ive heard a lot about the amp bypass cable....What does this cable do? I dont plan on replacing ANY of my 8 speakers so what should I look out for on the spec of my new headunit to make sure I get the most out of my OEM speakers?

Id have thought bypassing an amp would compromise output? Am I wrong?

Thanks for your help in advance

Recommendations of double dins would be great also ;-)

Cheers

Bill

One thing you could do is make sure you get an aftermarket stereo with the line out sockets on it. You know the red and white RCA/phono ones? It should be possible to connect these to the input of the OEM amp and it would continue to operate the speakers as normal. You'd need to work out which pins on the amp were the inputs and maybe adapt the wiring a little but I see no reason why it wouldn't be do-able.

Latest Deals

Lexus Official Store for genuine Lexus parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via eBay links