Do Not Sell My Personal Information Jump to content

Cupcakes again,

My current insurer, Swiftcover, won't insure a Lexus LS400. Never did like Iggy Pop anyway.

Can anyone recommend an insurance company, currently getting quotes getting on for £800, half the value of the car! I'm not quite 50, clean licence, and the car has an LPG conversion. Probably end up doing 15,000 miles a year.

Many thanks again,

Nick

Because I'm over 50, Saga were by far the cheapest for me this year. All the other quotes I got were between £740 and £820. Some other members say that NFU are reasonably priced, but I think it depends where you live.

How about using Lexus to insure your Lexus :rolleyes:

I switched to them from CIS in 2005 when they halved my renewal premium.

Modifications to my car all declared and been with them ever since.

They have a quote phone no. 0800 138 3200 and there's more info on the Lexus web site Lexus Insurance

Hope that's useful.

TG

Whoaaaa, nearly a grand with Lexus Insurance, I must have ticked the 'do you drive blindfold' box. Awful lot more than the £270 I pay for my Primera...

Nick

I've been with Performance Direct but swapped to Sky this year,they cover my import model for £300.00 fully comp with 9 years NCB protected,no accidents or convictions and I'm past the 50 mark.

Holy Sugar !!! Tried Lexus as mine is up for renewal - wanted over £1400 for a 1995 series 3 ! I'm 40 with 18 years NCB - no points or claims and best price I can find this year is £550 with Admiral on a Multi car policy - anybody know where else I might try ?

hi just wanted to say a big thankyou to sam at sky ins for sorted a great deal on mine today...with all the hype bout ins goin up it was nice to find out that it was cheaper this year...has a well know company says"every little helps"..thanx again sky....david...i would defo give these a try having tried all the other well know sites etc

Absolute lottery this year for me back in February.

Was with the NFU for years but premiums went nuts for no good reason.

Went with SAGA at last years NFU premium @£400 with my Lexus and for my

Mazda went with AXA and my classic 1932 Triumph stayed with NFU ( same quote from all sources so wonder if there's only one classic car underwriter left at Lloyds ! )

Absolute lottery I found.

Malc