Do Not Sell My Personal Information Jump to content

Aftermarket Cd Player Problems

Hi All, Im a noob to the forum and have tried to search for an answer to my problem but it seems there a lots and was hoping someone could point me in the right direction....

So, I had the standard error 1 fail on the standard lexus 6 disk changer so opted to get a new after market one, went to halford and paid for a pioneer one and them to fit it because I didnt want the hassle.... well it wasnt that simple, they ordered the double din and cables as they said were needed, when it came to fitting they said they ordered the wrong cables and needed to order another, that came and they connected it and nothing. This is where i guess the bypass cable comes in. What I want to know is which cable do I need to get, is it this one?My link

Also if it is this lead, do I still need the other lead that Halfords got for me or even another one?

Any help would be great, thank you!!! :winky:

Fitting an aftermarket stereo is actually simple - even I managed it myself :)

Essentially you need the fascia to fit around the new stereo, and an amplifier bypass lead (if you have a Sport or SE model, the S model has no amp to bypass). To fit it, you take one of the white plugs out of the standard amplifier and connect it to one end of the amp bypass cable. The other end fits into the ISO outputs of the new stereo.

Can be a bit fiddly since the amp is behind the glovebox and bolted in but it's not a big job to do.

Here's what mine looks like now:

IMAG0480.jpg

I think you be will ok. I purchased the same cable and it worked fine with my alpine, but if in doubt, email the seller or consult your paperwwork for the head unit to see what iso connectors it has. Re other cables, I needed nothing other than an aerial connector.

The cable looks the same as the one I bought. You should be fine with any aftermarket stereo, as they all come with standard (ISO) sockets - the IS has non ISO standard wiring to the head unit, one of the purposes of the lead is to let you connect ANY aftermarket stereo with the standard sockets.

The lead you have been left with should fit into the back of the stereo, and end in two clips into which the bypass lead ISO fittings will go.

If not then go shout at Halfords for making a bottom of things.

And yes, I am determinedly avoiding the swear filter there :)

Latest Deals

Lexus Official Store for genuine Lexus parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via eBay links