Do Not Sell My Personal Information Jump to content

Lfa V Isf

Cougar

• 2 years later...

Can't quite agree there Dave; the LFA is much more than just power. I watched the documentary about how it's built and, quite frankly, the car is an engineering and design masterpiece. Of course it's expensive but Lexus didn't make a penny on them because of the research and design that went into it.

I would sell most of my own body parts to have one and feel quite proud to own a car with the same F-badge on the wings.

Can't quite agree there Dave; the LFA is much more than just power. I watched the documentary about how it's built and, quite frankly, the car is an engineering and design masterpiece. Of course it's expensive but Lexus didn't make a penny on them because of the research and design that went into it.

I would sell most of my own body parts to have one and feel quite proud to own a car with the same F-badge on the wings.

Yeh it's a masterpiece , I wouldn't sell any of my bits to own one lol it's not that nice .i prefer the gtr etc than that but that's preference .

I still can't see the price tag bein worth it . After all the Nissan gtr whips it no problem and is 150 grand less lol .

If I could afford a gtr now I would prefer that over the isf any day .but pref again .

Both great cars , the lfa is mint , not a lot of difference in power though , yeh the lfa was quicker but does the price difference justify a moderate increase in power,ouch I think not lol.

mmh there is a great difference in power between LFA and IS-F. 550bhp vs 420bhp . 130bhp difference thibetween these figures and considering the LFA weighs 1480kg this gives it a power to weight ratio performace of 371bhp per ton vs IS-F's weight of 1700kg which has 247bhp per ton. ISF makes more torque than the LFA though but doesnt rev past 6600rpm where as the LFA goes to 9500rpm this combined with other factors like low center of gravity, gearing, ability to rev quicker and suspension/geometry setup makes the IS-F no where near LFA in terms of outright performance in both straight line and track. Nissan GTR is another masterpiece tho. but given the price of an LFA i would pick a GTR. anyone seen prices of them lately?

I was looking on pistonheads at the gtr .36 grand plus will get you in a beauty ,amazing car for that money .

I agree with everything you've said but I can't believe the price of the lfa when there are so many similar cars out there at half the price .

The jaguar rs is gorgeous etc , you could have one for yourself and one for the wife lol.

If the lfa was only 36 grand second hand lol

Just talking about power difference etc .

yeh i know what you mean but the LFA falls into your super exotic car category. similar to your Ferrari's & Lambo's strictly Naturally Aspirated V8, V10, V12 high revving machines. normally over £150,000 plus. but yeh there high performance cars out there which cost way less and could give them a run for thier money round a race track or drag race. and GTR being a serious contender if not a better car.

• 2 weeks later...

I can honestly say the GTR is awesome fast car, my brother has one and let me look after it while away on business.

However it is not very comfortable plus the million knocks and noises gets annoying after a while. The road noise is quite tremendous, the rattles/creeks of some trim somewhere gets extremely annoying, the exhaust/ bell housing sounds like it's got loose bolts/nuts in it as it clunks (plus is pretty much right underneath where you sit), when it's cold/driven slow it's pretty much undriveable with sharp gear changes and the sudden jolts that can give you whip lash, the firm suspension pretty much turns you into mush after a long drive.

But all that goes away when you put your foot down! Man does it fly! And i thought my IS-F was fast, plus it looks absolutely amazing, gorgeous car! Plus the noise it makes in the high revs sounds like an F1 car! Oh and the cornering is something special, it is literally stuck to the floor, you can go round any corner at what ever speed you feel like and it will just do it hassle free, very considerate!

Saying that i'm still glad to get back into my IS-F with it's smoother more comfortable, quieter ride, yet it still has power enough to please! Just wished it had that 4 wheel drive though!

But 4 wheel drive wouldn't give you the nice little twitch when you put your foot down on roundabouts lol

To be honest I hate it lol...that's one thing I cannot overcome when doing spirited driving and going round the roundabouts. everytime I apply throttle the back end kicks out which means I have to ease off straighten the steering first before getting back on power and this frustrates me as I can see some FWD cars and even RWD cars taking roundabouts with their foot down but I try it in this Lexus and back end brakes loose. might be my driving style I guess. maybe FWD sand AWD cars might suit my driving style better.

• 4 weeks later...

But 4 wheel drive wouldn't give you the nice little twitch when you put your foot down on roundabouts lol

To be honest I hate it lol...that's one thing I cannot overcome when doing spirited driving and going round the roundabouts. everytime I apply throttle the back end kicks out which means I have to ease off straighten the steering first before getting back on power and this frustrates me as I can see some FWD cars and even RWD cars taking roundabouts with their foot down but I try it in this Lexus and back end brakes loose. might be my driving style I guess. maybe FWD sand AWD cars might suit my driving style better.
Front wheel drive cars are awful to drive compared to rear , the rear wheel pushes the car and is more controllable , front wheel pulls the wheel from your hands if driving hard , not for me . I must say though I've not driven a 4wd , I like rear lol

I can honestly say the GTR is awesome fast car, my brother has one and let me look after it while away on business.

However it is not very comfortable plus the million knocks and noises gets annoying after a while. The road noise is quite tremendous, the rattles/creeks of some trim somewhere gets extremely annoying, the exhaust/ bell housing sounds like it's got loose bolts/nuts in it as it clunks (plus is pretty much right underneath where you sit), when it's cold/driven slow it's pretty much undriveable with sharp gear changes and the sudden jolts that can give you whip lash, the firm suspension pretty much turns you into mush after a long drive.

But all that goes away when you put your foot down! Man does it fly! And i thought my IS-F was fast, plus it looks absolutely amazing, gorgeous car! Plus the noise it makes in the high revs sounds like an F1 car! Oh and the cornering is something special, it is literally stuck to the floor, you can go round any corner at what ever speed you feel like and it will just do it hassle free, very considerate!

Saying that i'm still glad to get back into my IS-F with it's smoother more comfortable, quieter ride, yet it still has power enough to please! Just wished it had that 4 wheel drive though!

I've seen 3 gtrs in my area in the last week , there breeding lol, they sound lovely .

Front wheel drive cars are awful to drive compared to rear , the rear wheel pushes the car and is more controllable , front wheel pulls the wheel from your hands if driving hard , not for me . I must say though I've not driven a 4wd , I like rear lol

well not in this day and age...its all down to suspension tuning. geometry setup, tryres and brakes... a well tuned front wheel drive will enter and exit a bend or sweeping corner with speed as a rear wheel drive in some cases even better.. front wheel drive cars in general will tend to understeer due to having to do two jobs send power to the wheels and steering..

this tends to be good for most 'average Joe' drivers who are not professional racing drivers as most can handle understeer rather than oversteer but with good suspension tuning, a fwd car will behave just like rwd round a race track whilst bettering a rwd in some cases where the rwd drivers has to lift off in order not to oversteer or during slippery surfaces where rwd becomes hopeless in handling...

below is a front wheel drive Megane RS with only 265bhp taking on 2 rear wheel driven Porche's round the ring with over 300bhp to thier name and starightline performance aside you will notice the rear wheel drive Porche's never held any major advantage during corner entry, mid cornering and corner exit when comapred to the Megane.. infact there were corners where the Megane was carrying more speed where the porche's had to lift off in order not to oversteer and brake the back end loose.. start watching from 3:00 minutes..

same scenario applies to this front wheel driven Civic Type R the driver is still able to keep his foot in during cornering where most RWD Ferraris and BM's had to lift off in order not to oversteer..

dont get me wrong RWD cars are fun to drive and keeps one on the edge but gets a bit frustrating when i see a FWD car keep his foot in during a corner whilst i have to lift to avoid oversteer.. but saying that the IS3 is the best fun car i have driven..

That civic in the second clip is not stock and has a good driver who is hitting the apex of the corners.

Fwd cars have come along but a similar spec rwd car should be better around a track. With the power theses days all fwd hot hatches suffer from under steer and torque steer. Even with limited power divers in gears and dependent on steering wheel gradient.

• Like 1

That civic in the second clip is not stock and has a good driver who is hitting the apex of the corners.

Fwd cars have come along but a similar spec rwd car should be better around a track. With the power theses days all fwd hot hatches suffer from under steer and torque steer. Even with limited power divers in gears and dependent on steering wheel gradient.

Agreed the suffer badly .the astra vxr bein one of the worst .ive driven one of those there awful if you pull out of a junction fast .

Whereas rwd as in the isf you can pull out easily without any disruption to the steering .brilliant .

I agree..that Civic might not be stock for sure but even if its had some engine tune, it wont be much as the engine sound tells me its still NA and not turbo'd or supercharged so I can guess most of the mods are mainly suspension tuning, tyres , brakes and maybe interior stripping out... but its still 100% FWD.

and i also agree anything in excess of 300 bhp + should belong to the rear wheels leaving the fronts to steer due to the amount of tourque the fronts will encounter and to be honest RWD cars are more fun to drive, they tend to be more balanced and will always have that driving edge over FWD cars but doesnt always translate into being able to enter a corner, carry speed round a corner or exit out of a corner faster than a well tuned FWD performacne car as we have seen in the vids above..

just for the records both this Megane RS 265BHP and SEAT Leon Cupra 280bhp FWD's officially posted a faster time round the Nurburgring bettering the Lexus ISF, with the SEAT's time bettering

• Chevrolett Corvette Z51
  • Mercedes SLK 63 AMG and C63 AMG
  • Aston Martin DBS
  • Porche 911 GT3
  • Audi R8 V8
  • Audi RS4
  • BMW M6
  • BMW M5 E60
  • BMW M3 E46

not to mention a few.. the time set by SEAT was 7 Minutes 58.4 seconds. so as confirmed a well tuned FWD car will enter and exit corners just as fast as a sports RWD cars and even bettering thier lap times if the driver knows how to steer and handle understeer.. i personally like keeping my foot in during cornering..

• 1 month later...

until one blasts past your ISF's round the Nurburgring or a racetrack for that matter Lol.. yes I will pick an IS-F V8 over the SEAT Cupra any day of the week but for track days. I will hop into that SEAT for the sheer fun aspect of it. I am not a badge snob and have respect and admiration for car manufactures who are able to make a car go faster and handle with less bhp to its name Subaru, Honda and Nissan being others I respect as well. thing has less than 300bhp to its name but can lap the ring and most tracks faster. only way to beat it is in a drag race but how fun is it??