Do Not Sell My Personal Information Jump to content

Hi,

how are you all, hope you are fine.

I am a happy owner of Ls400, year 1998. Now I would like to take the car with me to Finland, but I would need to change the lights to LHD version, since the car is RHD.

Do you have any info where to find the lights for this car?

Year 1998, HID lights for Ls400.

Thanks,

Hi,

how are you all, hope you are fine.

I am a happy owner of Ls400, year 1998. Now I would like to take the car with me to Finland, but I would need to change the lights to LHD version, since the car is RHD.

Do you have any info where to find the lights for this car?

Year 1998, HID lights for Ls400.

Thanks,

Part numbers for the LHD lamps are LH 81170-50200 and RH 81130-50200.

UK retail prices are £147.16 and £145.72 + vat each.

These are bare units and will need all bulbs etc from your current lamps :)

Andy

Part numbers for the LHD lamps are LH 81170-50200 and RH 81130-50200.

UK retail prices are £147.16 and £145.72 + vat each.

These are bare units and will need all bulbs etc from your current lamps :)

Andy

Thanks Andy, the price seems quite reasonable, how I could order those to Ireland then,

Or maybe I should drive to Belfast to collect them,

cheers,

Ilkka

Shame I have 2 virtually brand new LHD lights for a MK3 1995 model (previous owner 'emigrated' to Spain for a month before changing mind !) which I will never need going spare ... shameless plug for anybody who is after a set ... :whistling:

Shame I have 2 virtually brand new LHD lights for a MK3 1995 model (previous owner 'emigrated' to Spain for a month before changing mind !) which I will never need going spare ... shameless plug for anybody who is after a set ... :whistling:

Yep it is a shame alright, if they would fit I might buy them, but sadly the lights are different. But at least, when compared to 95 model 98 has more power :)

Yep it is a shame alright, if they would fit I might buy them, but sadly the lights are different. But at least, when compared to 95 model 98 has more power :)

Yes but for power I have a Saab 9000 Aero Turbo :winky:

• 1 month later...

Hi,

I have collected the lights today from Belfast, but how do I know they actually are LHD.

Serial Code matches to lights and they have a right form, but is there any identification to make sure they really are LHD.

Thanks

Difficult to determine but you could aim your existing RHD lights at a wall at night and make a note of the beam pattern (photo if possible) then fit the LHD units and see the difference.

Normally RHD lights have a beam pattern aimed to the left and therefore LHD beam pattern is more to the right.

Also you could compare the part numbers of each light which should be different.

Also not sure how you would get the new units aligned in the UK.

Alternatively the LS600H has adaptable beam patterns from RHD to LHD at the touch of a switch but at over 100K perhaps a little expensive compared to swopping out the light units!

Have you also considered some suitable tyres for Finland?

Ok, I did compare those lights and yes they are LHD. Remember those two circles in the lights? well they are aligned differently in LHd or RHD lights.

Also numbers in the lights are slightly different, so I am really happy I got this sorted.

Thanks to this forum:)

Now the coolant change is ok as well, so my process is going forward.

For winter tyres I will buy them in Finland. I am going to buy non-studded nordic spec winter tyres and I can use them in the summertime as well.

Ok they are not the best for summer, but ok anyway and that way I do not have to buy another set of wheels.

Also: Do you know about the parking lights, since one of them is off, but I am not sure is there extra parking light or how they have been done. Lights are bit more complicated since they are HID format.