Do Not Sell My Personal Information Jump to content

Brake Judder Again And Again

MadMatt

Hi Guys,

I bought my Lex IS200 Sport about two months ago it looks and drives great except only when I am breaking at speeds of about 40 and above miles/hr. When I test drove the car it was driving nice except juddering when breaking. From my own experience I told the seller it was brake discs which he was happy to replace - front ones. I went to pick up the car after the disc job and it was perfect. The problem came back after about 5-600miles and I thought he used fake discs and went and bought Mintex ones which were fitted and the car went back to normal perfect mode.. Again after 5-600miles the problem/judder has come back again and now I'm kinda lost where to go from here?

Please help!!!

Hi Guys,

I bought my Lex IS200 Sport about two months ago it looks and drives great except only when I am breaking at speeds of about 40 and above miles/hr. When I test drove the car it was driving nice except juddering when breaking. From my own experience I told the seller it was brake discs which he was happy to replace - front ones. I went to pick up the car after the disc job and it was perfect. The problem came back after about 5-600miles and I thought he used fake discs and went and bought Mintex ones which were fitted and the car went back to normal perfect mode.. Again after 5-600miles the problem/judder has come back again and now I'm kinda lost where to go from here?

Please help!!!

Have you had your brake calipers checked to see that they are not sticking!

Hi Guys,

Please help!!!

They do say that gentle braking is important with new discs for the first 200 miles or so to avoid over heating. Maybe if the calipers are sticking the discs have got too hot and warped again? I know from my own experience cheaper discs can warp within a 1000 miles.

Hi Guys,

Please help!!!

Thanx for the suggestion will have them calipers checked a.s.a.p..

Hi Guys,

Please help!!!

They do say that gentle braking is important with new discs for the first 200 miles or so to avoid over heating. Maybe if the calipers are sticking the discs have got too hot and warped again? I know from my own experience cheaper discs can warp within a 1000 miles.

Thanx for the suggestion; will have the calipers checked a.s.a.p.. Do you know who makes best discs these motors? brembo - EBC etc..

I had the same problem and it was discovered to be warped hubs - all been replaced now and it's been fine.

It's a rare problem I think so may not be what you have, but something also worth looking into.

• 3 weeks later...

Hi guys

I'm having exactly the same problem and had sort of got to the warped hub diagnosis. How much did it cost for replacement hubs if you don't mind me asking.

Thanks

Adam

It was about £900 all in so not the cheapest job - the parts alone cost around £700.

Well worth it though getting the car back to feeling great again :)

Thanks for this.

Was this a main dealer jobby?

Could be but doesn't have to. I bought the parts from ACLex on here who works for Lexus Poole (and provided a healthy discount :winky: ) and then had it all fitted at WIM.

• 2 weeks later...

take them off and get them skimmed, and when you put the discs on did you clean the hub back to metal and use a dial gauge, I had this problem when I first got my 300 it been fine since I just cleaned the hubs and used a dial gauge to get the run out down to a very small amount, It takes a bit of time to do as you have to keep removing the disc to move round to the next stud until you are happy.

Lee