Do Not Sell My Personal Information Jump to content

Reliability

2000gs

Hi guys new here,just purchased a 2000 lexus gs 300 platinum series im not too familiar to them but it has 150k its really clean and runs awesome two previous owners before me never been in an accident, i was just wondering with the milage being this high was it a smart choice because i paid 8k for it, also what should i do maintainance wise to keep it running as smooth and make it last a few more thousand miles,im also interested in knowing what performance upgrades i can do after i do the reccomended maintainance thanks....

Hi and welcome, the mileage isn't a problem as long a you have good service history with the car. As long as that's up to date and the cam belts been done at the right interval you should be good for 300,000 and beyond !!!

Enjoy your new ride.

Steve

Hi guys new here,just purchased a 2000 lexus gs 300 platinum series im not too familiar to them but it has 150k its really clean and runs awesome two previous owners before me never been in an accident, i was just wondering with the milage being this high was it a smart choice because i paid 8k for it, also what should i do maintainance wise to keep it running as smooth and make it last a few more thousand miles,im also interested in knowing what performance upgrades i can do after i do the reccomended maintainance thanks....

Do you mean you bought a 2005/6 Mk3 GS300 for 8k?

A quick search found a 2006 1 owner fsh 78k GS300 for £1k more than you paid or a 2005 MK3 GS300 with 110k miles for £7500, hence I'm assuming you meant a mk3 GS. You surely didn't buy an 11 year old car for 8K, never...........

£8k for a 2000 GS300 with 150k on clock!!!!!! You could have had my GS430 on 59k for under that and not had to worry about performance upgrades!