Do Not Sell My Personal Information Jump to content

Hi all,

I just thought I would pass this on.

A couple of years ago, I used this guy to recharge my aircon on my Vauxhall Omega.

Today I booked him to do my LS400 on Tuesday as the air con is cold, but not ice cold!. He tells you what you should have in the system, "sucks" out whats currently in there, weighs it to tell you how much you've lost and then regasses it to the correct level. Cost of this is £50+VAT.

I know if you're not in the Reading area, you'll get a different bloke, but.......

The website can be found Here

I will let you know how it goes.

Thanks

Mike

FWIW, if you take it to them in winter, kwik fit will do this for £20 IIRC. They hike the prices right up when the warm weather comes along though.

And it's not something they can balls up by giving it to the trainee either - it's all done by a machine which automates the process, and you can't mix the valves up on the aircon system as the L valve is a different size to the H valve.

Well,

The chap came today (due at 9.30am-9.45am) at 9.40am and started work.

Once he emptied the system, he said it was down to 50% but not to worry as they work down to 30%. He then refilled it and checked for leaks using a UV lamp. There were no leaks and when we tested the temp coming from the vents in the car, it was an icy 2.8 degrees. Nice.

I would recommend this chap and still don't think £50 was bad for a "proper" mobile job.

I just need it to get hotter now so I can feel the benefit.

Thanks

Mike