Do Not Sell My Personal Information Jump to content

Lead Times For Delivery

elliotsdad

Hi, just wondering how many others are still waiting on delivery for their CT's. I ordered mine on 29th March when I was told to expect delivery by the end of May. I got a call a from the dealer a few weeks back telling me that delivery would be delayed a couple more weeks :crying:

Anyone else had delays also and how long are new orders expected to be delivered?

Our car was delayed for a few weeks. Arrived on Monday but could not pick it up as the paint was scratched in places. Apparently it's a common problem with the new cars coming in! How annoying.

Are they building them again after the Japan earthquake? Worth asking as it only takes one part not available and they can't build the car.

I was told when I ordered that mine had already been built and was on it's way.

Our car was delayed for a few weeks. Arrived on Monday but could not pick it up as the paint was scratched in places. Apparently it's a common problem with the new cars coming in! How annoying.

That is very annoying, never heard that before. But at least it's here and shouldn't take too long for it to be touched up?

ordered mine on 16th March, couple of days prior to the events that unfortunately happened, was expecting the worst to be honest.

Originally quoted end of August delivery, however mine is coming TOMORROW! Like a kid before Christmas this evening, will not be able to sleep!

Above said, think I must have got lucky, maybe exact spec came in for a cancelled order or similar plus did receive a letter from Lexus today advising due to the events in Japan they advised to order for Sept New Reg ASAP and that they would honour list prices / part-exchanges no matter how long a delay in delivery.......

I managed to get one of the last ones allocated to my local dealership. Had I ordered one I was told they are now expecting a 20+ week delivery.

That is very annoying, never heard that before. But at least it's here and shouldn't take too long for it to be touched up?

Brand new £28/£30k car which needs touching up? Who on earth told you it was a common problem?

So are the cars leaving the factory scratched, being scratched in transit or being scratched in UK whilst being prepped for delivery?

I just cannot believe the apparent acceptance of scratched paintwork on a brand new "so called" luxury brand. I would not have accepted it on my wifes i30!!!

Brand new £28/£30k car which needs touching up? Who on earth told you it was a common problem?

So are the cars leaving the factory scratched, being scratched in transit or being scratched in UK whilst being prepped for delivery?

I just cannot believe the apparent acceptance of scratched paintwork on a brand new "so called" luxury brand. I would not have accepted it on my wifes i30!!!

Hi,but excuse me can we all begin to live in the real world,seems as if some of us live in a make believe world????

Hi,but excuse me can we all begin to live in the real world,seems as if some of us live in a make believe world????

So are you saying that in the real world you find scratched paintwork on a new Lexus being a "common problem" is perfectly acceptable or am I misunderstanding your post?

So are you saying that in the real world you find scratched paintwork on a new Lexus being a "common problem" is perfectly acceptable or am I misunderstanding your post?

hi,yes you are misunderstanding my post

hi,yes you are misunderstanding my post

So what did you mean then? As that's how I read it.

Hi all I meant was that condsidering that they have to come a long way(Japan) and that even when they arrive in the UK that they dont go straight to the dealers, there is the liklihood that there will be a few scratches here and there, even with the protective coating,which the dealers will then have to sort out once they take delivery before allowing their prospective owners to pick them up.

• 2 weeks later...

Ordered mine on the 12th May and have been told by Toyota/Lexus UK delivery in November :blink: One concilation is Ive got one coming on Friday for a four day test drive :P

which is dissapointing but not much choice, and bearing in mind the disaster I think they are doing pretty well. Hopefull as things get back to normal they may up production, I think the bigger issue is some of the smaller component manufacturers are struggling and bearing in mind all the manufacturers work on just in time ordering, suspect this is causing the bigger problems.

Bearing in mind the losses all the japaneese car firms are reporting I'm sure they are making every effort.

I guess I was lucky. I wandered into my dealer just one week ago and asked about delivery times. The salesman pointed to a silver SE-I with sat nav and DAB options fitted and said "you can have that one tomorrow if you want it" Now after waiting just six days I'm collecting it today!

One of my colleagues has just asked me how i ordered a lexus CT200 as they cant find it on our company car list any longer. Having logged onto check they have now removed it from the list due to lead times, so they put it on the list on the 5th May 2011 and removed from the list on th 11th May. Think I was the only person who managed t oget an order placed for one.

Now ill have a battle over who pickes up the hire car costs as my current car has to be returned on the 6th August.

I ordered one in April, but have decided to wait for the 2012 model. I'm hoping they'll improve the color combination choices.

Any idea when the 2012 model will be available in the UK? The one feature I want, which is available on the 2012 model, is the two-way sunroof.

• 4 weeks later...

Placed my order today, 15th July, for a Premier in Ultra Blue with Venaro Grey leather and the Lateral Damping System.

Initial estimated delivery date is 28th November.

Asked the dealer about the sunroof becoming an option, they had no news about that and also suggested that the weight increase may negatively affect emissions and push the car into a different tax bracket.

... Asked the dealer about the sunroof becoming an option, they had no news about that and also suggested that the weight increase may negatively affect emissions and push the car into a different tax bracket.

Thats why the Pruis makes do with small wheels if you take the solar roof option :unsure:

• 2 months later...

Only having seen one other CT 200h in five months since I bought mine, I have seen three last week, so the orders placed back on launch must be arriving now. The slate grey looks nice, as does the maroon red. Still like my Obsidian Black best though. :P