Do Not Sell My Personal Information Jump to content

Cd Audio Format - Rx300 Se-L

Hello to you all.

I have the above model which has the ML Audio system and Sat Nav. The audio system has a 6 cd changer just below the Sat Nav screen.

The car was registered in 2005. I understand that I cannot play MP3 cd's I have tried it plays but no sound, the same is with WMA so it recognises the cd.

What file formats will it play? I have about 4gb of music and wondered if there is any way I can compress this onto 6 cds that the system will play.

I have been advised by my dealer that there is nothing that can be done to allow me to play my ipod through it.

Many thanks in advance

wrg

Do a search for GROM AUDIO on the forum here. I installed one of these units a while back. It allows me to connect an iPod/iPhone and play music through the car stereo. Believe you can get a USB version too.

Ta.

Normski

Thanks for your advice. I sourced one and had it fitted today and it works via the wired connection.

For some reason though my Ipod or Phone cannot see the Bluetooth. The fitter said he connected via Bluetooth with his phone. I did not have a chance to check

as I arrived just as they were closing. I have the Ipod Touch 4g and a Blackberry, any ideas?

I thought you could. I did speak to the guys who I bought if from and that is why I bought the Bluetooth dongle.

To be fair the instructions only talk about paring a phone for audio streaming and not Ipod. Maybe they miunderstood me and thought

I was taking about connecting an Iphone and not Ipod.

My phone may not connect as it automatically connects to the cars Bluetooth, will try that over the weekend.

Once again thanks for your input

• 4 weeks later...

The 08 ML stereo in my RX400 will take CD-RWs which are mastered (ie not like a file system) with MP3s up to 320 kbps.

Tried that but it did not work,although the IPOD is working fine via the wire but I dont like clutter.

Just one issue if I want any volume I have to turn the speakers right up. If I am listening to the radio then 20 on the volume is quite loud. If I want that volume

from the IPOD then I have to turn the volume to twice that. Is there something I am doing wrong?

The 08 ML stereo in my RX400 will take CD-RWs which are mastered (ie not like a file system) with MP3s up to 320 kbps.

Tried that but it did not work,although the IPOD is working fine via the wire but I dont like clutter.

Just one issue if I want any volume I have to turn the speakers right up. If I am listening to the radio then 20 on the volume is quite loud. If I want that volume

from the IPOD then I have to turn the volume to twice that. Is there something I am doing wrong?

With regards to the iPdod volume, I would always turn the iPod up to full, and use the car audio to control the volume.

With regards to your CD burning issue described earlier, I've found with mine car audio, I can play burned CD's without any problem, off the top of my head I think they're .WAV files, it's the format that iTunes uses when creating audio discs.

Hope this helps