Do Not Sell My Personal Information Jump to content

Little Advice Plz Breaks

Deanokks

ive just changed front discs on my is200 but i used old breaks.....(i have mintex pads waiting), also how many shims should be on 1 pad? because my old ones have 1 per pad??

would you recomend i put new pads? if so do i use old shims i have as mintex pads in box do not have any??

really anoying me just wanna get it done propaly... should i start from beggening and put new breaks pads in?

their should be two shims per pad ie 8 in total...one shiney one and one non shiney per side non shiney is the top shim...but running one shim per pad will be ok....

never use old pads with new disks never.....go out and fit the new pads....

their should be two shims per pad ie 8 in total...one shiney one and one non shiney per side non shiney is the top shim...but running one shim per pad will be ok....

never use old pads with new disks never.....go out and fit the new pads....

sweet mate, i will use old shims then.... and grease them the same, thanks mate

I put a thin smear of copper grease on the back of the pad and shims,a thin smear on the ends of the pads where they slot into the carrier and if you have caliper pins remove them,clean off the old grease and apply new grease ( I use molysulphide grease here)

Open the caliper bleed nipple before you push the pistons back.

Did you clean the mating surface of the hub where the disc contacts before fitting the new disc?

I put a thin smear of copper grease on the back of the pad and shims,a thin smear on the ends of the pads where they slot into the carrier and if you have caliper pins remove them,clean off the old grease and apply new grease ( I use molysulphide grease here)

Open the caliper bleed nipple before you push the pistons back.

Did you clean the mating surface of the hub where the disc contacts before fitting the new disc?

yes i did clean it and coppergreased aswell...

with the pistons i am using a g-clamp to push back, yes i cleaned all calliper pins and used multi perpose grease..

do i have to bleed as i thought forcing pistons back would be ok?? i do take break cap off, thakns