Do Not Sell My Personal Information Jump to content

Central Locking

Firstly, thanks to all those people that have had the problems I've had, asked questions and got answers. I've been a member here for quite a while but never needed to ask a question as the answers have usually been given.

That said, I currently have a very specific problem with my central locking. On a saturday and sunday morning I drive approx. 15 miles to my sisters shop, park outside and the c/locking will not work. I go inside, make a cup of tea and have some toast, open the shop and then I press the button on the key and it locks. I've tried using the key in the door but that only locks the drivers door. Haven't tried the switch inside the car yet, hadn't thought of that until I read it in another post. Will try this weekend. Will also check to see if the int light comes on.

I've been having this problem for about 2 months now, it only occurs at this location and at this time (around 7am), everywhere else, I press the button and it locks. It doesn't appear to be weather dependant as it happens be it rain or shine, it's just baffling.

Thanks for any help you may give.

Cheers

It could be some form of wi-fi or eletrical interference if it's just in that one location, try parking somewhere further up the road or something and see if you have the same problem.

If you haven't changed the Battery for a while this could be a sign it's on the way out too so that's another thing to consider as well.

Battery I think is about 18 months old. I've asked some of the neighbours if they've experienced this and they say no. I wouldn't have thought it was interference as it seems to actually be the c/locking as it doesn't work when using the key in the door, not just using the buttons on the key fob.

Battery I think is about 18 months old. I've asked some of the neighbours if they've experienced this and they say no. I wouldn't have thought it was interference as it seems to actually be the c/locking as it doesn't work when using the key in the door, not just using the buttons on the key fob.

The physical lock in the door is not connected to the central locking or the alarm so that is behaving as it should.

When my key Battery was on its way out I was having the same problem where sometimes it would lock and sometimes it wouldn't, but it would happen in different places, not just in one spot although it could be a combination of a weak Battery and some form of interference.

It's never happened to me but other owners on here have complained of problems with interference so it's definitely a possibility.

I just went out and checked and realised why I thought the lock in the door was connected, it's very easy to press the button on the key whilst turning it in the lock.

What makes it odder than just being in 1 spot, is the fact that it only happens when I have just pulled up, saturday this is about 7:15am and sunday 7:45am, 10 mins later after tea and toast, it works fine. When I drive home later on, and park at home, no problem. Maybe it is something that I do slightly differently on that journey, getting out the car etc that has an affect, I shall have to try and study my actions.

Normally, it works from 20+metres away, but on these mornings, standing right next to it no joy.

Most confusing.

I can't remember this exactly so it might be wrong, but I believe the sensor for the remote is somewhere near the base of the windscreen on the drivers side so next time it happens try putting the key near this area.

Other than that might be worth trying a Battery change or spare key as a first port of call as it's the cheapest option (bear in mind your spare key may have a dying Battery in it too which I discovered when doing the same test myself!)

Hmmm, spare key? Now there's an interesting concept. :lol:

I do need to replace the casing as this is kinda falling apart a bit, but I don't see how that would cause the problem just in 1 place.