Do Not Sell My Personal Information Jump to content

Back Plates

grosey87

hi, i dont suppose any one has got or know where i can get the back plates for my 99 is200 sport? have just rang lexus and they cost a bloody fortune!! or if any one is breaking is200's? cheers

whats wrong with them?its also a lot of work to swap them over too..if theyve fell off dont worrie about it..

whats wrong with them?its also a lot of work to swap them over too..if theyve fell off dont worrie about it..

well i went to change the rear shoes and as i took the dixcs off, the little piece of metal that holds the handbrake cable in olace fell out! but every thing still seems to work ok

Not legally required but I think for mot they need to be secure or not there and each side of the axle has to match

^^^^^^^ Eh????? nope you can have a backing plate on one and not the other..the backing plate doesnt come in to the mot it can be as loose as it wants as long as it doesnt hit the wheel.......

ok thats great to know. dont need to worry as much now. and the other thing is that my handbrake light is on. would that have anything to do with it? cheers

• 3 weeks later...

check your brake lights...high level one is the normal one to go and check the brake fluid..

yea all brake lights are working and fluid is up on max. would it be the handbrake switch or something? cheers

I had this not too long ago with the handbrake light coming on at random times. Turned out the seals on a front caliper had gone. but obviously the fluid level had gone down.