Do Not Sell My Personal Information Jump to content

Egr Valve Number 2 (Or Is It Number 1) !

kon123

My IS220d had its 90k service at Lexus Coventry last week and a few advisory points came out, most of which have now been dealt with. However, I have an issue with one of the points and need some advice.....

The technician report states that EGR valve 2 is leaking soot. My understanding is that this valve is the one shown in loads on threads on here (with the red sticker) and I know that this valve was actually replaced by the Sheffield Lexus dealership when a full engine de-coke was carried out in September last year (I have called to confirm and get part numbers etc).

When I mentioned this to the Coventry dealership, they said they would see if the valve would be replaced under warranty but came back and said it would not as they now claim the EGR valve leaking soot is the one at the bottom and at the back of the engine bay. Am I being had here???? I thought that was EGR number 1 and either way, how would they possibly know it is leaking??

The service guy has now said that it is not important to change and should be ok until the next service when it can be checked again. Any advice as to what may be the problem would be much appreciated!

Thanks in advance

U could solve definitely the problem, closing all the circuit of EGR as i and Fonserg did and explain around here in the forum.. Your car will run much better.

Do you think you could write a tutorial on how to do it, as the thread is not very clear.

U could solve definitely the problem, closing all the circuit of EGR as i and Fonserg did and explain around here in the forum.. Your car will run much better.

if u go in the thread "Blocking EGR valve" and look picture of how to do it and 2 photos, it will be very clear ;)

- disconnect the original steel tube from engine to head of EGR and put it in garbage (take it for when u will sell the car);

- install a rubber hydrauli tube from head of EGR to air intake tube where there is the AIT sensor (with a T piece u can avoid to disconnect the AIT electric connection as Fonserg did, better keep it connected);

- put a close plate instead of the opened one at the start of EGR line.

finish )

All these u can see in the picture i suggested above.

Ciao

Still trying to get to the bottom of this and have been back on the phone to the dealership. The valve they are referring to is apprently on the Left hand side of the engine (looking from the front number plate) and is towards the bottom of the engine??

I'm still not convinced so does anyone have a diagram of the 220d engine that can be posted on this forum? I've searched throogh google and cannot find a thing!

Thanks in advance.

Latest Deals

Lexus Official Store for genuine Lexus parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via eBay links