Do Not Sell My Personal Information Jump to content

Totally Electrically Dead Is250 Help!

Yesterday after a 30 minute visit to the dentist my wife came out to the car and it was totally dead- no lights, no key light, no map lights - nothing. Battery is less than 12 months old- and the roadside tech tested it as OK (12.84V). Had to have it towed to an auto electrician -who is not inspiring me with confidence. I'm in Australia and the nearest dealer is 90K away.

What we did also check is there is power at the fusebox which is right next to the battery- and all the fuses appear to be ok. Its like there is no connection from here to the rest of the car. I'm hoping like hell its not the ECU but because even the map lights don't work I suspect its simpler.

Any suggestions welcome (And yes I tried a jump start)

Tony

Yesterday after a 30 minute visit to the dentist my wife came out to the car and it was totally dead- no lights, no key light, no map lights - nothing. Battery is less than 12 months old- and the roadside tech tested it as OK (12.84V). Had to have it towed to an auto electrician -who is not inspiring me with confidence. I'm in Australia and the nearest dealer is 90K away.

What we did also check is there is power at the fusebox which is right next to the battery- and all the fuses appear to be ok. Its like there is no connection from here to the rest of the car. I'm hoping like hell its not the ECU but because even the map lights don't work I suspect its simpler.

Any suggestions welcome (And yes I tried a jump start)

Tony

Thats a bit grim matey.

Don't know if this is your problem, but I had a similar event on my is200 a couple of years back. Battery went flat, helpful chap offered his jump leads,but as I was Connecting the leads my end he put his wrong way round on his Battery. Tried not to beat him senseless, but car was now utterly screwed!!

Pushed it home, only 300 yards thank god. Could not jump it or anything. Turned out to be a very large bolted in main fuse, that is located in the main fuse box. Its a right sod to replace and could only get it from Lexus. Once I'd done it everything was A OK. Have a real good look at all the fuses with a torch and see if any have popped.

Bit of a longshot but worth checking really carefully.

Hope that is of some small help and good luck.

Normski

• 1 year later...

Hi,

I have sam problem with my IS220D. I have felt the igniter is weaker for days.

Today, I can't start after 3rd starting. After the 3rd try, the car went to totally dead... :(:(

No lights up, absolutely nothing.

The Battery about 7 months old. When the Battery connected, the voltage is 12,75V.

I removed the Battery connection for 30 minutes, to reset ECU. Not helped.

But this is strange: when I connect the Battery, I don't see sparks. I think, the car don't consume current. I will measure the current tomorrow.

Fuses looks like good, but I will check again. I have checked the high current fuse block too.

But I haven't check the main negative wire and juction... I hope, this is the problem, not the ECU.

Regards,

Tibor