Do Not Sell My Personal Information Jump to content

Gs450H Recall How Long Does It Take To Do By Dealer?

Hi All I am a Newbie!,

Just bought a 07 Lexus gs450h (21,000 miles)and found out the recall for the valve has not been done,

Rang Lexus in Dublin and I am booked in, they said it would take 3 days for completion? Does that timescale sound right for other members cars?

So my question is......

What is the procedure in what they will do with the valves? any input into the recall would put myself at ease as I don't like leaving my car into anyone to do work on especially a job of this scale!

Thanks

Hi, 3 days is about right, mine was in for 2 ½ days, its not as big of a job as it sounds, most of the time is spent getting to the engine, rocker cover in the first place with all the covers to remove first.

They take the rocker cover of then use a special tool made pacifically for this job which uses high pressure air to keep the valve pushed down while they replace the spring, without this tool they would have had to remove the head.

I was the same as you, a bit concerned about having my 9k mile, perfectly running, engine taken apart, but it came back running just the same, you wont notice any difference. Well if your lucky it will come back a bit cleaner, plus you will have 2 bottles of champagne derived to your door. :P

Hi, 3 days is about right, mine was in for 2 ½ days, its not as big of a job as it sounds, most of the time is spent getting to the engine, rocker cover in the first place with all the covers to remove first.

They take the rocker cover of then use a special tool made pacifically for this job which uses high pressure air to keep the valve pushed down while they replace the spring, without this tool they would have had to remove the head.

I was the same as you, a bit concerned about having my 9k mile, perfectly running, engine taken apart, but it came back running just the same, you wont notice any difference. Well if your lucky it will come back a bit cleaner, plus you will have 2 bottles of champagne derived to your door. :P

Thanks for the reply but i wont be holding my breath about receiving the champagne, booked for the 6th june Ill report back once done cheers!

Latest Deals

Lexus Official Store for genuine Lexus parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via eBay links