Do Not Sell My Personal Information Jump to content

Push Button Start

Hi All,

Well after 4 hours I have finally installed the push button start, I have not had time to upload the pics as I am shattered. but i was actually surprised at how easy it was.

More pics and instructions to follows

Looking forward to seeing this - I have always wanted one and think the lexus should have been fitted with one.

Unfortunately I am not technically minded - so hope that it is fairly easy :)

Driving to Huddersfield in a minute but if i had instructions it would have been done in about....30 mins with 20 of them being hiding the wires.

Ok, below is a quick vid of the thing in action.

http://www.facebook.com/v/10150208374471381

And now to the instructions.

40 amp relay, start button, cable.

starter1.jpg

THAT IS ALL

I am however purchasing a transponder key which detects when I am sat in the car so I can bypass the immobiliser

But you still need the key to turn the ignition on?

Yeah, that's right, I could bypass the immobiliser but then I may as well just leave my car on the street with the door open and key's in the ignition. The new stuff i have ordered replaces the Lex security and activates the button when i sit in the seat with the key in my pocket.

It feels so good to start the engine it's unreal, I used the key a few minutes ago and it felt.... wrong. B)

What system have you ordered?

ive fitted this system to my car:

http://www.advancedkeys.com/Prod_AK103B.html

works perfectly

Haha, you know that feeling when you just spent £30 know very well it is now a waste of money...

My wife is going to go nuts when i smash another £200 on the credit card.

THANKS SPARKY lol.

I bought the system from the verso which had been totalled. however that start button and looks amazing. must have.

Do you have any pics of yours?

No sorry no pics but it is a great system, just needs a little tweaking to be perfect.

i.e. fitting an aux button on the boot, and a way of removing the steering lock when the cars on, so you can get rid of the key completely.

No sorry no pics but it is a great system, just needs a little tweaking to be perfect.

i.e. fitting an aux button on the boot, and a way of removing the steering lock when the cars on, so you can get rid of the key completely.

Yeah, good point, i would have to keep the key on me in case anything went wrong but i'm having that!

For now though the simple version has only cost £10 to this point and works like a dream.

Thank you

You can hide a key in a lock box in the car somewhere just in case.

and you have a bypass card that attaches to a sensor under the window should the key fail to work.

A lot of homes in the US (including ours) have one of these outside the front door to put the key in :)