Do Not Sell My Personal Information Jump to content

Newbie With Pas Problem

Hello All, new to the forum.

Just bought an IS200 sport on a 51 plate for my daily driver. New radiator already in and all checked over.Everything seems good except for non functional sat nav- not to bothered about this for now but have what I think is a dying PAS pump but need some Lexus veteran input please. Symptoms are squealing belt-when car is cold and steering is stiff and bit 'ratchety' on first turn. Soon goes and behaves normal thereafter. No visible leaks, fluid is topped up and no vibrations. I'm guessing new pump and belt?

Hello All, new to the forum.

Just bought an IS200 sport on a 51 plate for my daily driver. New radiator already in and all checked over.Everything seems good except for non functional sat nav- not to bothered about this for now but have what I think is a dying PAS pump but need some Lexus veteran input please. Symptoms are squealing belt-when car is cold and steering is stiff and bit 'ratchety' on first turn. Soon goes and behaves normal thereafter. No visible leaks, fluid is topped up and no vibrations. I'm guessing new pump and belt?

i'd just put on new belt and see how that goes i bought a 51 plate is200 that had sat up for a while and had same prob new belt solved problem

Hey, I had the exact same problem. check to see if the wheel on the pump is continuously spinning when you get the squeaking and stiffness. your going to need someone to sit and turn the wheel whilst you look at pump, if that wheel seem's to be jamming, try to re-tension it as Ormi said.

sorted mine