Do Not Sell My Personal Information Jump to content

What Have People Done To Correct Geometry After Lowering?

Stix

Evening all,

I’ve just got back from having my car aligned and basically they haven’t done it.

Now to be fair to them the car is very low but they said there wasn’t enough adjustment to get the car to the correct settings so I just told them to get it as close as possible.

What do I need to correct the geometry? I’ve seen these for the front:

http://cgi.ebay.co.uk/SPC-FRONT-BALLJOINT-CAMBER-KIT-LEXUS-IS300-ALL-00-05-/360364151392?pt=Motors_Car_Truck_Parts_Accessories&hash=item53e7609260

Is there anything else i can get to correct the geometry? What have other people done?

Thanks in advance!

David

what part is out?toe?camber?caster? i would say camber..........how much have you lowered it?up too 40mm you can get it back if you take it to a place that knows what they are doing..mine is dropped 100mm even with the camber out a shocking amount my tyres dont wear that bad..

Evening all,

I've just got back from having my car aligned and basically they haven't done it.

Now to be fair to them the car is very low but they said there wasn't enough adjustment to get the car to the correct settings so I just told them to get it as close as possible.

What do I need to correct the geometry? I've seen these for the front:

http://cgi.ebay.co.u...=item53e7609260

Is there anything else i can get to correct the geometry? What have other people done?

Thanks in advance!

David

Those are the ones I used after lowering my IS250 SE-L , but Wozza also used them on his IS200 to bring the camber back within the WIM spec.. Here they are on my 250:

post21241118991.jpg post21241119060.jpg

like the drop at the front :hehe: tucked in nicely. i hope theres not too many humps around your sides tho '

alot of garages couldnt do mine then i had mine alligned from lodge tyres in birmingham. 4 wheel laser allignment.

they took time at it but come out super.

now drives in a straight line!

''its not low until it scrapes''

well thats why i took it to the place i did because its hunter laser alignment.

it doesnt scrap that bad on speed bumps...if i go 2mph over them! although it does bottom out now and again which is growing very old very fast!

i just dont want the rear tyres to wear out as fast as the front supposedly do!

why has the rear toe not been done??even with that drop the toe should still be in the green....my rears run 4 deg camber and not wearing out as fast as i thought they would....

tbh ormi i think its because the guy who did it had no idea what the ****** he was doing!

im going to have to find somewhere else to do it,

• 2 weeks later...

when doing a the adjustments on these cars you adjust the rear first then you go to the front..but as said you can always bring the toe in to spec just not the camber......