Do Not Sell My Personal Information Jump to content

Inadequate Sound

lochinvar25

Hi Everyone, is it just me or do other guys feel the lack of Oomph in the Mark Levinson audio? the base seems very inadequate and display is very minimalistic with no options to migrate between title / artist etc.

Do people know of any good audio systems(like sub-woofers/amplifiers) that are compatible with this Audio system?

Hi Everyone, is it just me or do other guys feel the lack of Oomph in the Mark Levinson audio? the base seems very inadequate and display is very minimalistic with no options to migrate between title / artist etc.

Do people know of any good audio systems(like sub-woofers/amplifiers) that are compatible with this Audio system?

I don't know of any compatible systems but it surprises me to hear you are not happy with the Mark Levinson system as it is meant to be very good. I have the standard 13 speaker setup in my SE and the sound is absolutely amazing including an abundance of bass. I have turned it down it was too much.

Makes me wonder if yours s working properly to start with?

Have you tried listening to another Lexus system for comparison first?

Carl

It depends how much bass you are looking for really, the ML system is brilliant but isn't as bass heavy as some others - haven't tried the CT200h of course, but I've tried the ML in the IS250 and it isn't as bassy as the harman kardon system in our Merc.

If you want more probably best to speak to an audio installer about potentially adding a sub in the boot?

• 1 month later...

I found exactly the same thing. At first I even got the dealer to check out the subwoofer because I expected some really hefty bass from a premium set up. After a while though you realise the bass is there, it's just that the surround and tone separation is so much better with the ML. You need to turn up the volume quite high to get bouncy bass even with maximum bass selected but you get used to the difference.

Latest Deals

Lexus Official Store for genuine Lexus parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via eBay links