Do Not Sell My Personal Information Jump to content

Brake Master Cylinder

noby76

Hi Guys,

I am new to LOC and considering buying a GS300. I have done my research about this model and it seems they suffer from Brake Master Cylinder issues but a review by Colin Barber who is an Administrator on this forum confirmed these affected MK II pre-face lift models in his reviews i.e. 1998 to 2000.

I am thinking of buying a 2001 GS300 which is the face lift model and have test driven a couple including the IS300 both models drove and felt perfect but I am nearing towards the GS300 more than the IS300.

can anyone confirm if they currently own the face lift GS300's i.e from 2001 to 2005 and have they experienced the brake master cylinder/booster issues aswell on the face lifted models? as it apparantly costs in the region of £2000 - £2500 for a new master cylinder unit from Lexus so I am slowly being put off from getting this car.

any replies will be appreciated.

Thanks

Hi Guys,

I am new to LOC and considering buying a GS300. I have done my research about this model and it seems they suffer from Brake Master Cylinder issues but a review by Colin Barber who is an Administrator on this forum confirmed these affected MK II pre-face lift models in his reviews i.e. 1998 to 2000.

I am thinking of buying a 2001 GS300 which is the face lift model and have test driven a couple including the IS300 both models drove and felt perfect but I am nearing towards the GS300 more than the IS300.

can anyone confirm if they currently own the face lift GS300's i.e from 2001 to 2005 and have they experienced the brake master cylinder/booster issues aswell on the face lifted models? as it apparantly costs in the region of £2000 - £2500 for a new master cylinder unit from Lexus so I am slowly being put off from getting this car.

any replies will be appreciated.

Thanks

Have Owned Lexus GS300SE from new 2003 and have had no problems at all (fingers crossed), the master cylinder problem you refer to I have not come up against and cannot recall a previous mention on this forum., only minor complaint is an occasional chatter from the front brake pads or pins at low speeds, which has had a lot of mention on this forum, I replaced pads, discs and pins last year but it still occurs occasionally

If you are certain that it is a facelift model then you should have no worries about the brake master cylinder. One of the things done on the facelift model was to fit a larger master cylinder.

Latest Deals

Lexus Official Store for genuine Lexus parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via eBay links