Do Not Sell My Personal Information Jump to content

I dont drive the old girl much these days. Wee Wifie has it most of he time because of the price of fuel and the miles i do. (Rover 75 is doing 49-51 mpg)

Drove the LS the other day for the first time in ages and what a car. Id forgotten what a joy she is to drive.

Anyway, used the wipers and the old problem is back. When the screen is almost dry the wiper blade judders across the screen right in front of the driver. Makes a horrendous noise to.

How do i cure this?

Cheers.

Try cleaning the screen with a decent glass cleaner and then the wiper blade rubber with some meths. If this doesn't cure it either replace the rubber or put some Rain-X on the screen ( read instructions and apply as per the instructions ;) ).

The wiper blades aren't Bosch by any chance? I had some fitted and they were exactly the same when there was little water on the screen,I had to apologise to passengers.

I then fitted some of those fleabay flat type wipers and although cheap they are excellent at clearing the screen and quiet.If you do get some measure the originals as the sizes vary.

The wiper blades aren't Bosch by any chance? I had some fitted and they were exactly the same when there was little water on the screen,I had to apologise to passengers.

I then fitted some of those fleabay flat type wipers and although cheap they are excellent at clearing the screen and quiet.If you do get some measure the originals as the sizes vary.

Thanks for the responses guys. No they werent Bosch. They were the cleap "cut to length" jobbies. Ive tried cleaning the screen and the blades but it made it even worse.

Im going to try the RainX stuff. Cheers.

FWIW, my driver's side wiper clatters across the screen when "only just wet"; despite me changing both the wiper (Halfords "cheap" one) & the windscreen... I suspect it's the angle of the blade that's causing the problem. However, I'll be rain-xing the screen soon, bloody brilliant stuff it is.