Do Not Sell My Personal Information Jump to content

I thought there were two - one for front and one for the back. But recently the right side of the car's aircon is failing whilst the left is fine. Is it a left right split or a front/back? Or maybe it's not a failing compressor at all - perhaps a sensor on the right side?

Any suggestions welcome

Thanks

Mike

I thought there were two - one for front and one for the back. But recently the right side of the car's aircon is failing whilst the left is fine. Is it a left right split or a front/back? Or maybe it's not a failing compressor at all - perhaps a sensor on the right side?

Any suggestions welcome

Thanks

Mike

Mike

Looking at the manual

http://bahamutcars.free.fr/workshop/LS_01-06/contents/index.html

It shows an air con / heater unit at the front but with separate sensors and servo controls for each side. There is also an air con unit at the rear.

Your fault will not be the compressor/evaporator/condenser or a gas leak if it is working OK on one side. Most likely an air control servo or sensor has failed. Try turning the temperature to minimum on the right hand side, it may over-ride the temperature sensor, if it blows cold you know it's the sensor.

John N

Thanks John - sounds logical. Sometimes the driver's side does blow cold sometimes not, so you must be right. Anyone know if the sensors are easily available and accessible?

Mike

Thanks John - sounds logical. Sometimes the driver's side does blow cold sometimes not, so you must be right. Anyone know if the sensors are easily available and accessible?

Mike

Mike

Did you have an LPG conversion fitted to the car?

If you did, did they fit the control in the small panel with a grill, to the left of the steering wheel? I think that panel has a cabin temperature sensor in it and it may have been disturbed.

John N

There's a sensor listed on eBay described as "recently removed from a Lexus `LS400 when we did the LPG conversion,owner hasn't missed it so now up for sale" :whistling:

Only joking Mike I hope you find the problem then confirm the cause :D

• 2 weeks later...

That is very useful indeed jac - It shows there is only one cabin temperature sensor, which makes me wonder how we are able to set different climate control temperatures for each side of the car.

Mike

Good point Mike.

My previous car (Renault Safrane V6 aut from 1992) also had separate controls for driver and passenger side.

But only one "room" temp.sensor.

I always wondered how it worked out the different temperatures for L and R ....

Maybe the sensors in the ducts help in the calculation of this.

Jac

Ah - interesting Parrot. Perhaps that's the answer, because I have had the LPG gubbins out and hanging loose just in case it was interfering with the sensor and the problem still happens.

Mike