Do Not Sell My Personal Information Jump to content

Is220D Newbie

Sham2011

Just a quick hello from a recently acquired Lexus IS 220D owner.

I have the SE model with extended multimedia kit - previous car was an Honda Accord Type R which I miss terribly.

Tbh this Lexus was not amongst my first choice of new vehicles and even though it's a lovely car I have not taken to it as I did my Accord :(

To top it off, a relative has just advised me of high oil consumption and turbo lag/ flat engine which as you can imagine having driven a VTEC engined car is gonna be sn issue!

Apologies for doom n gloom 1st post....think iv wandered over here to seek solace from fellow Lexus owners :)

Just a quick hello from a recently acquired Lexus IS 220D owner.

I have the SE model with extended multimedia kit - previous car was an Honda Accord Type R which I miss terribly.

Tbh this Lexus was not amongst my first choice of new vehicles and even though it's a lovely car I have not taken to it as I did my Accord :(

To top it off, a relative has just advised me of high oil consumption and turbo lag/ flat engine which as you can imagine having driven a VTEC engined car is gonna be sn issue!

Apologies for doom n gloom 1st post....think iv wandered over here to seek solace from fellow Lexus owners :)

You may as well compare a tractor to your accord as compare a Lexus as they are such different animals.

I have a supra TT but I would not compare performance amy more than I would compare comfort and ride quality.

Personally I bought my Lexus to give e comfort, quiet and reasonable fuel consumption.

It does that.

Agreed, the engine is not the most lively but once you get used to it's strengths and weaknesses you learn to drive it accordingly.

Carl