Do Not Sell My Personal Information Jump to content

Got a used remote fob from US eBay and tried to programme it using the directions on another thread. No luck. Also realised that when locking using the key I never get flashing indicators. Can I assume that the alarm system is not working? Does the remote fob work only if the alarm system is working? What should I do to, a) find out if my alarm system is working and, B) get my remot fob to work?

Have been looking at threads all evening and can't find an answer. Did find one (which I now can't find again!) which mentioned getting an after market alarm fitted with remote locking facility. Any suggestions?

Mine is an LS400 Mk3.

Cheers,

Jim

Got a used remote fob from US Ebay and tried to programme it using the directions on another thread. No luck. Also realised that when locking using the key I never get flashing indicators. Can I assume that the alarm system is not working? Does the remote fob work only if the alarm system is working? What should I do to, a) find out if my alarm system is working and, B) get my remot fob to work?

Have been looking at threads all evening and can't find an answer. Did find one (which I now can't find again!) which mentioned getting an after market alarm fitted with remote locking facility. Any suggestions?

Mine is an LS400 Mk3.

Cheers,

Jim

I believe the mkI and II have a button under the dash, left of the steering wheel, to disengage remote locking. Not entirely sure if the mkIII still has one.

Worth checking I suppose :)

Got a used remote fob from US Ebay and tried to programme it using the directions on another thread. No luck. Also realised that when locking using the key I never get flashing indicators. Can I assume that the alarm system is not working? Does the remote fob work only if the alarm system is working? What should I do to, a) find out if my alarm system is working and, B) get my remot fob to work?

Mine is an LS400 Mk3.

Cheers,

Jim

Mine is an LS400 Mk3.

Cheers,

Jim

To check your alarm,open a window,lock the car as usual,wait 30 sec, open a door via the open window alarm should sound

Mine is an LS400 Mk3.

Cheers,

Jim

I believe the mkI and II have a button under the dash, left of the steering wheel, to disengage remote locking. Not entirely sure if the mkIII still has one.

Correct about the remote button. At one time when I was cleaning the interior I accidently switched it off, and then assumed the remote wasn't working. Don't know about the Mk3 though.

Mine is an LS400 Mk3.

Cheers,

Jim

Correct about the remote button. At one time when I was cleaning the interior I accidently switched it off, and then assumed the remote wasn't working. Don't know about the Mk3 though.

Can't find the button on the Mk3. Gave the window down open the door trick a go and no alarm. Had a look under the wheel arch as read somewhere that the alarm siren is located there. Nothing, just a whole where something used to be connected. Like other owners, I suspect the Scorpian alarm has been disconnected. Therefore any recomendations on an after market set up? What do I need to satisfy the insurance company??

Jim

• 1 month later...

Does the used key you bought from the US have a triangle detent in the "Unlock" section, a Dot in Lock and a white car/boot symbol in the third. The ones without the triangle are more common, but do not operate the LS400.

You can buy blank Denso keys from eBay for around a fiver, and have them cut by any reasonable security locksmith. (I would suggest avoiding the Cobblers type of key cutting service though).

I did this myself, and discovered the triangle after 2 aborted attempts..... I then bought a 2nd hand key (with triangle) and transferred the inner Denso electronic pack to one of the earlier cut key fobs, and hey presto! A breaker may have an "old" key with triangle (You only need the innards).

Once you have this done, search here for "key programming" or "pedal dance".

Picture of Denso 12459

best wishes

Does the used key you bought from the US have a triangle detent in the "Unlock" section, a Dot in Lock and a white car/boot symbol in the third. The ones without the triangle are more common, but do not operate the LS400.

You can buy blank Denso keys from Ebay for around a fiver, and have them cut by any reasonable security locksmith. (I would suggest avoiding the Cobblers type of key cutting service though).

I did this myself, and discovered the triangle after 2 aborted attempts..... I then bought a 2nd hand key (with triangle) and transferred the inner Denso electronic pack to one of the earlier cut key fobs, and hey presto! A breaker may have an "old" key with triangle (You only need the innards).

Once you have this done, search here for "key programming" or "pedal dance".

Picture of Denso 12459

best wishes

Thanks for your response. Turned out that the Scorpian system had been disconnected and partly ripped out. Had a new Toad system fitted so now have remote locking and alarm working. The Mk3 had a separate fob and so am happy to pass that on to someone.

Cheers,

Jim