Do Not Sell My Personal Information Jump to content

Is300 Cooling System

hello im new on here i own a 2001 51 reg is300 and have a few questions can anyone tell me what the tank just on engine side of the radiator is and should it have water/coolant in it or is it just an overflow chamber? if yes should it be full? also when i take the rad cap off there was a brown lime scale type substance just around the cap could this be from my heater matrix??? or is it somthing more sinister???

it has the clarion cd/tape radio how do i turn the trafic and news setting off as its driving me mad

also i checked the gearbox oil dipstick it reads about 5 mil above the full mark when warm is this a problem or will it cause problems??

any advice would be much appriecieated thanks richy

hello im new on here i own a 2001 51 reg is300 and have a few questions can anyone tell me what the tank just on engine side of the radiator is and should it have water/coolant in it or is it just an overflow chamber? if yes should it be full? also when i take the rad cap off there was a brown lime scale type substance just around the cap could this be from my heater matrix??? or is it somthing more sinister???

it has the clarion cd/tape radio how do i turn the trafic and news setting off as its driving me mad

also i checked the gearbox oil dipstick it reads about 5 mil above the full mark when warm is this a problem or will it cause problems??

any advice would be much appriecieated thanks richy

it should be filled up to the full mark

give the car a coolant change

look for a ta button and push it

5mm nothing to worrie about.....

putting a pic up of your stereo might help

The Full mark ?

Not spotted that, just a painful plaggy cap to pull off and peer into....i just check it's half full when cold and that the rad is full under the cap....too dark for me to check now for a full mark ??????