Do Not Sell My Personal Information Jump to content

Hi Everyone - New Owner Looking For Another For The Missus

Baldchap

Hi Everyone,

In April I purchased an '07 IS250 and like it a lot. :)

I'm a keen biker (motorised, of course) so I don't tend to find cars particularly thrilling - the Lexus is perfect for me; quiet, smooth, comfy and a decent radio - it goes alright for a four-wheeler too. I really am struggling to pick fault with it after already covering over 4,000 miles. Lexus Derby have been truly excellent, genuinely 10/10 - they even wash it for me FOC once a month whilst I drink tea!!!

We're so happy with it that the missus is looking to replace her Smart Fortwo with an IS200/300. Given that I did no research when I bought my 250 I think I was lucky (a disappointing test drive in a Saab followed by a look 'just in case' resulted in a purchase), I might not be so lucky with the older IS so it's time to get an honest opinion from people who own them.

So: Any good? Worth buying (looking about 2003ish and likely an auto) and any particularly scary costly bits to look out for? Anyone selling one (want leather) for sensible money or looking to change to something smaller?

Thanks for reading. This looks like a pretty knowledgable site from scouting around... :D

Hello and welcome to the LOC :D

Have you had a look at the member's "Cars for Sale" section?

There are some nice IS models on there at the moment.

Although a litttle older than you are looking for here's one

http://www.lexusownersclub.co.uk/forum/index.php?showtopic=72903

A quick look also revealed a 2004 model in there.

Good luck with your search.

Hi Everyone,

In April I purchased an '07 IS250 and like it a lot. :)

I'm a keen biker (motorised, of course) so I don't tend to find cars particularly thrilling - the Lexus is perfect for me; quiet, smooth, comfy and a decent radio - it goes alright for a four-wheeler too. I really am struggling to pick fault with it after already covering over 4,000 miles. Lexus Derby have been truly excellent, genuinely 10/10 - they even wash it for me FOC once a month whilst I drink tea!!!

We're so happy with it that the missus is looking to replace her Smart Fortwo with an IS200/300. Given that I did no research when I bought my 250 I think I was lucky (a disappointing test drive in a Saab followed by a look 'just in case' resulted in a purchase), I might not be so lucky with the older IS so it's time to get an honest opinion from people who own them.

So: Any good? Worth buying (looking about 2003ish and likely an auto) and any particularly scary costly bits to look out for? Anyone selling one (want leather) for sensible money or looking to change to something smaller?

Thanks for reading. This looks like a pretty knowledgable site from scouting around... :D

Hi and welcome to LOC,

Have you thought of a IS Sportcross? same brilliant build quality of the last generation Lexus but a little more unusal and a lot more usefull than the saloon, the 300 model is auto only and drives really well. Driven sensibly they return similar consumption figures as the 200 but do perform well when you want it.I really like ours and prefer driving it over my GS450h, it feels more traditional and involving (but not as fast!)

Good luck with your decision and enjoy looking. Tony