Do Not Sell My Personal Information Jump to content

Red Switch/button Under Steering Wheel

Hi - I have bought an 2001 IS200 SE and there is a red switch under neath the steering wheel just to the left and I have no idea what it does

When I press it on it lights up and lights up with our without the key in the ignition - any ideas what it could be?

I am also having a problem with the headlights in that they dont work in normal or auto mode - side lights work fine.

Also the main beam doesnt work when you push the stalk forward - it flashes if you pull it towards you though

Are the two related?

It should still be under warrantly but thought somebody may have an idea?

Thanks for any help

Flick the switch to on, then step out of the car and look underneath and make sure no under car neon lights are fitted - you never know!

:hehe:

hi thanks for the replies i took it back and it was some damp in the fuse box made the connector green and scaled up - they cleaned that up and put a new connector on the wiring and sorted it

hi thanks for the replies i took it back and it was some damp in the fuse box made the connector green and scaled up - they cleaned that up and put a new connector on the wiring and sorted it

Was it the fuse box under the dash? Apparently quite a common issue with the IS and poorly fitted replacement windscreens. Keep an eye on continued water ingress.

My guess would be...

The car got a damp fusebox, possibly from having the windscreen replaced. Which then caused the lights to stay on all the time, so the red switch may have been some sort of manual isolator for the headlights so they didn't drain the Battery?

Just an idea.