Do Not Sell My Personal Information Jump to content

Hello

My fancy car needs some leather repairs as the front seats are really worn out: cracks and tears. Found this thing on eBay :

http://cgi.ebay.co.uk/Pro-Leather-Repair-Paste-Cracks-Tear-Scratch-Scuff-Hole-/180573701398?pt=UK_CarsParts_Vehicles_CarParts_SM&hash=item2a0b080516

Could anyone advise me where to look for the color code for the interior leather please. I have tried an official Lexus site, but they only have exterior colors.

I had the same problem finding my colour but I contacted the company below and if you can supply a sample of the leather colour you want ( look under the rear seats for a spare bit) and send it to this company they will match the dye for you.

http://www.dynamixdyes.com/bmw_colours1.php

If you PM me the VIN, I can most likely look it up for you in the Electronic Parts Catalog.

It works for my car. When I input the VIN, it gives the colour and trim colour.

Jac

If you PM me the VIN, I can most likely look it up for you in the Electronic Parts Catalog.

It works for my car. When I input the VIN, it gives the colour and trim colour.

Jac

JT8UF11E9P0178787

Thank you.

JT8UF11E9P0178787

Thank you.

I am terribly sorry. The parts catalog returns with: "appropriate vehicle cannot be found with the information you provided"...

With my LS430, there is a sticker in the drivers' door opening that contains the information as well. Mine reads under the heading "c/tr" (colour/trim ?): 8P8 /LA07. And that indeed corresponds with the outside colour (8P8) and the leather colour (07).

Hope this helps a bit.

Sorry again about the EPC. I expected it to give all required info...

Jac

I had the same problem finding my colour but I contacted the company below and if you can supply a sample of the leather colour you want ( look under the rear seats for a spare bit) and send it to this company they will match the dye for you.

http://www.dynamixdyes.com/bmw_colours1.php

Thanks Steve :)

Another company who can match leather colour is Gliptone, their website doesn't seem to mention it, but they do a product called "Liquid leather", which is applied a bit like paint, to restore colour. It can either be sprayed on or brushed on, depending on the area to be covered. Gliptone will be able to advise you on exactly how to do what you want to do.

FWIW: I have no connection to Gliptone, other than being a former customer (ages ago, when I ran an upholstery repair company).

Cheers,

Ade.

JT8UF11E9P0178787

Thank you.

I am terribly sorry. The parts catalog returns with: "appropriate vehicle cannot be found with the information you provided"...

With my LS430, there is a sticker in the drivers' door opening that contains the information as well. Mine reads under the heading "c/tr" (colour/trim ?): 8P8 /LA07. And that indeed corresponds with the outside colour (8P8) and the leather colour (07).

Hope this helps a bit.

Sorry again about the EPC. I expected it to give all required info...

Jac

No worries Mate.

I think the same as you are about that sticker on the door. I'll see what I can figure out...